POOL - Lecturer 9/10/2016
University of Kansas
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Position Overview
The Institute for Leadership Studies invites qualified scholars and professionals to make application for part- to full-time lecturer positions for the instruction of on campus courses. Lecturers are untenured, non-tenure-track members of the faculty. Appointments are typically short in duration over a defined time period associated with the instruction of course(s). Primary role is instruction with no obligations to perform research or service. The appointment dates will vary based on the timeframe for the preparation and instruction of the course(s). Generally the appointments will be temporary.
Application materials will be reviewed by the faculty and placed in a pool for consideration for teaching undergraduate courses in Leadership Studies consistent with departmental instructional needs.
The successful candidate must have appropriate authorization to work in the U.S. before employment begins.
100% - Lecturer
* Teach a specified number of either undergraduate courses per semester.
* Prepare for and attend all class meetings. Provide timely feedback and instructor/student interaction.
* Provide instruction for course(s). Classes may be 16-week, 8-week, or minimester format.
* Administer assignments, tests, evaluate student work, provide timely feedback to students, and assign grades.
* Be available for students involved in classes taught. Office hours may include a set time where students can contact the instructor, but must also include expectations for timely responses to student inquiries outside of a set contact time.
* Adhere to department, college and university policies
Evaluation of the following requirements will be made through (1) descriptions of work experience and educational experiences in letter of application, (2) record of accomplishments and productivity addressed in c.v., and (3) information provided from professional references.
* Master's degree in a related field.
* Expertise on topic being taught (from educational or employment experience).
* At least one semester teaching experience (classroom or online) in a related field at the university level.
1. Ph.D. or ABD in a related field.
2. Prior experience teaching course of interest.
Additional Candidate Instruction
A complete application will include a letter of application, a vitae detailing specific subject areas the applicant is qualified to teach and/or develop, and the names and contact information for three professional references.
Deadline/ Review Date: Ongoing
Estimated Start Date: Ongoing
Contact Information to Applicants
Leadership Studies Program Coordinator
Advertised Salary Range
Commensurate with qualifications and experience
Application Review Begins
The University of Kansas prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, age, ancestry, disability, status as a veteran, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information and retaliation in the University's programs and activities. Access to information regarding equal opportunity and diversity worksite posters is available at http://www.humanresources.ku.edu/policies_procedures/category_details/index.aspx*category=8 or you may contact 785-864-4946 or email@example.com for alternate access options. Any inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies should be directed to: Executive Director of the Office of Institutional Opportunity and Access, IOA@ku.edu, 1246 W. Campus Road, Room 153A, Lawrence, KS, 66045, (785)864-6414, 711 TTY