POOL - Lecturer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 2/23/2017
University of Kansas
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Overview
The Department of East Asian Languages and Cultures at the University of Kansas invites qualified scholars and professionals to submit applications to a department lecturer pool. Applications will be accepted throughout the year and reviewed by faculty on an ongoing basis. Successful applicants will remain in the pool for one year and will be contacted as needed when full- or part-time position vacancies become available in the East Asian Languages and Cultures Department. The successful applicant must have appropriate authorization to work in the U.S. before employment begins, and international applicants must pass the TSE or Speak test before hire. Please visit the department's web site at www.ku.edu/~ealc.
100% - Teach one or two language or culture courses per semester in the chosen field:
* Prepare for and attend all class meetings. In case of absence, the lecturer must make arrangements for a substitute to teach class. Classes should not be canceled.
* Provide instruction throughout the semester, most classes meet 3 times/week for 1 hour/day.
* Develop assignments, administer tests, evaluate student work, provide feedback to students, and assign grades.
* Hold regular office hours for students involved in classes taught.
* Adhere to departmental, College, and university policies.
Evaluation of the following requirements will be made through (1) descriptions of work experience and educational experiences in letter of application, (2) record of accomplishment and productivity addressed in resume, and (3) information provided from professional references.
* Native or near-native command of one or more of the following: Mandarin Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Tibetan, Mongolian or Uyghur.
* Bachelor's degree
* Master's degree or equivalent expertise in an East Asian area.
* Prior teaching experience
Additional Candidate Instruction
A complete electronic application will include a detailed curriculum vitae, a cover letter, and the names and contact information for three references.
Deadline/Review Date: Ongoing
Estimated Start Date: Ongoing
Contact Information to Applicants
Ms. Eileen Larson
Advertised Salary Range
Commensurate with qualifications and experience
Application Review Begins
The University of Kansas prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, age, ancestry, disability, status as a veteran, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information and retaliation in the University's programs and activities. Access to information regarding equal opportunity and diversity worksite posters is available at http://www.humanresources.ku.edu/policies_procedures/category_details/index.aspx*category=8 or you may contact 785-864-4946 or email@example.com for alternate access options. Any inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies should be directed to: Executive Director of the Office of Institutional Opportunity and Access, IOA@ku.edu, 1246 W. Campus Road, Room 153A, Lawrence, KS, 66045, (785)864-6414, 711 TTY