POOL - Lecturer 9/10/2016
University of Kansas
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Position Overview
The Department of Economics at the University of Kansas invites qualified scholars and professionals to make application for Lecturer positions. Application materials will be reviewed by the faculty and placed in a Lecturer pool for consideration as needed for part-time or full-time, limited term teaching appointments. Lecturers should abide by the department's, college's and University's policies and procedures. The successful applicant must have appropriate authorization to work in the U.S. before employment begins.
* Part-time lecturers are expected to teach up to six credit hours, and full-time lecturers are expected to teach up to twelve credit hours, of undergraduate economics courses per semester as scheduled.
* Prepare for and attend all class meetings. In case of absence, the lecturer must make arrangements for a substitute to teach class. Classes should not be canceled.
* Provide instruction throughout the semester, usually 3 hours/week.
* Develop assignments, administer tests, evaluate student work, provide feedback to students, and assign grades.
* Hold regular office hours for students involved in classes taught.
* Adhere to departmental, College, and university policies.
Evaluation of the following requirements will be made through (1) descriptions of work experience and educational experiences in letter of application, (2) record of accomplishments and productivity addressed in c.v., and (3) information provided from professional references.
* Master's Degree in Economics or a related field.
* Previous teaching experience.
* Ph.D. in Economics.
* Previous Economics teaching experience at college or university level.
Additional Candidate Instruction
A complete application will include a letter of application, a vitae detailing specific subject areas the applicant is qualified to teach and/or develop, and the names and contact information for three professional references.
Deadline/ Review Date: Ongoing
Estimated Start Date: Ongoing
Contact Information to Applicants
Ted Juhl, Chair
Advertised Salary Range
Commensurate with qualifications and experience
Application Review Begins
The University of Kansas prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, age, ancestry, disability, status as a veteran, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information and retaliation in the University's programs and activities. Access to information regarding equal opportunity and diversity worksite posters is available at http://www.humanresources.ku.edu/policies_procedures/category_details/index.aspx*category=8 or you may contact 785-864-4946 or email@example.com for alternate access options. Any inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies should be directed to: Executive Director of the Office of Institutional Opportunity and Access, IOA@ku.edu, 1246 W. Campus Road, Room 153A, Lawrence, KS, 66045, (785)864-6414, 711 TTY