POOL - Lecturer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 2/23/2017
University of Kansas
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Overview
Latin American Studies invites qualified professionals to submit applications that will be reviewed by the search committee and placed in a pool for consideration of part- to full-time teaching positions. Lecturers teach undergraduate and graduate courses. Course needs vary and include the following areas: Colonial Latin America History, Modern Latin American History, Latin American Culture and Society, and other courses depending on program needs. The successful candidate must have appropriate authorization to work in the U.S. before employment begins.
* Teach course in designated area.
* Prepare for and attend all class meetings. In case of absence, the lecturer must make arrangements for a substitute to teach class. Classes should not be cancelled.
* Develop assignments, administer tests, evaluate student work, provide feedback to student and assign grades.
* Hold regular office hours for students involved in classes taught. A minimum of three posted office hours each week is required. These office hours should be divided over at least two and preferably three different days. The lecturer should be available for reasonable appointments if a student cannot meet during scheduled office hours.
* Adhere to departmental, college and university policies and procedures.
Evaluation of the following requirements will be made through (1) descriptions of work experience and educational experiences in letter of application, (2) record of accomplishments and productivity addressed in resume, and (3) information provided from professional references:
* Completed master's degree in a Latin American-related subject area.
* Completed doctoral degree in Latin American-related subject area.
* Prior college or relevant K-12 teaching experience
* Established record of effective teaching.
Additional Candidate Instruction
A complete application will include a letter of application, a vitae detailing specific subject areas the applicant is qualified to teach, and the names and contact information for at least three professional references.
Deadline/Review Date: Ongoing
Estimated Start Date: Ongoing
Contact Information to Applicants
Chad O Bryhim
Advertised Salary Range
Commensurate with qualifications and experience
Application Review Begins
The University of Kansas prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, age, ancestry, disability, status as a veteran, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information and retaliation in the University's programs and activities. Access to information regarding equal opportunity and diversity worksite posters is available at http://www.humanresources.ku.edu/policies_procedures/category_details/index.aspx*category=8 or you may contact 785-864-4946 or email@example.com for alternate access options. Any inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies should be directed to: Executive Director of the Office of Institutional Opportunity and Access, IOA@ku.edu, 1246 W. Campus Road, Room 153A, Lawrence, KS, 66045, (785)864-6414, 711 TTY