POOL - Lecturer 9/10/2016
University of Kansas
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Position Overview
The Linguistics Department invites qualified scholars to apply for part-time to full-time lecturer positions. Application materials will be reviewed by the faculty and placed in a pool for consideration for teaching one or more undergraduate or graduate courses in linguistics consistent with departmental instructional needs. Hires are done on an as-needed basis based on teaching load.
The successful candidate must have appropriate authorization to work in the U.S. before employment begins.
100% - Lecturer
* Prepare for and attend all class meetings.
* In case of absence, the lecturer must make arrangements for a substitute to teach class. Classes should not be cancelled.
* Provide instruction throughout the semester for the class.
* Develop assignments, administer tests, evaluate student work, provide feedback to students, and assign grades.
* Supervise GTA's where applicable
* Hold regular office hours for students enrolled in the classes taught.
* A minimum of three posted office hours each week is required. These office hours should be divided over at least two, and preferably three, days. The lecturer should be available for reasonable appointments if a student cannot meet during scheduled office hours.
* Adhere to Departmental, College, and University policies.
Evaluation of the following requirements will be made through (1) descriptions of work experience and educational experiences in letter of application, (2) record of accomplishments and productivity addressed in C.V., and (3) information provided from professional references.
* Ph.D. in Linguistics.
* Expertise in topic being taught as evidenced in application materials.
* Potential or demonstrated ability in effective teaching of Linguistics at the undergraduate and/or graduate level as evidenced in application materials.
* Evidence or testimony regarding excellent teaching ability at the university level.
* Experience teaching Linguistics content.
Additional Candidate Instruction
A complete application will include a letter of application, a vitae detailing specific subject areas the applicant is qualified to teach and/or develop, and the names and contact information for three professional references.
Deadline/ Review Date: Ongoing
Estimated Start Date: Ongoing
Contact Information to Applicants
Prof. Allard Jongman
Linguistics Department, Blake Hall
University of Kansas
Lawrence, KS 66045
Advertised Salary Range
Commensurate with qualifications and experience
Application Review Begins
The University of Kansas prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, age, ancestry, disability, status as a veteran, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information and retaliation in the University's programs and activities. Access to information regarding equal opportunity and diversity worksite posters is available at http://www.humanresources.ku.edu/policies_procedures/category_details/index.aspx*category=8 or you may contact 785-864-4946 or email@example.com for alternate access options. Any inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies should be directed to: Executive Director of the Office of Institutional Opportunity and Access, IOA@ku.edu, 1246 W. Campus Road, Room 153A, Lawrence, KS, 66045, (785)864-6414, 711 TTY