POOL - Lecturer - University Honors Program
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 2/23/2017
University of Kansas
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Overview
The College of Liberal Arts & Sciences invites qualified scholars to apply for part-time to full-time lecturer positions. Application materials will be reviewed by the faculty and placed in a pool for consideration for teaching one or more courses in the Honors Programs. Hires are done on an as-needed basis based on teaching load.
The successful candidate must have appropriate authorization to work in the U.S. before employment begins.
100% - Lecturer - Teach a specified number of Honors courses or tutorials per semester.
* Prepare for and attend all class meetings.
* In case of absence, the lecturer must make arrangements for a substitute to teach class. Classes should not be cancelled.
* Provide instruction throughout the semester for the class.
* Develop assignments, administer tests, evaluate student work, provide feedback to students, and assign grades.
* Supervise GTA's where applicable.
* Hold regular office hours for students enrolled in the classes taught.
* Adhere to Departmental, College, and University policies.
Evaluation of the following requirements will be made through (1) descriptions of work experience and educational experiences in letter of application, (2) record of accomplishments and productivity addressed in C.V., and (3) information provided from professional references.
* Master's degree in a Liberal Arts or Sciences discipline.
* Demonstrated discipline experience on topic being taught (from educational or employment experience).
* Demonstrated teaching experience (classroom or online) at the College or university level.
* Ph.D. or ABD in a Liberal Arts and Sciences discipline.
* Demonstrated teaching experience within a university honors program.
* Demonstrated experience advising university students.
Additional Candidate Instruction
A complete application will include a letter of application, a vitae detailing specific subject areas the applicant is qualified to teach and/or develop, and the names and contact information for three professional references.
Deadline/ Review Date: Ongoing
Estimated Start Date: Ongoing
Contact Information to Applicants
University Honors Program
University of Kansas
Lawrence, KS 66045
Advertised Salary Range
Commensurate with qualifications and experience
Application Review Begins
The University of Kansas prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, age, ancestry, disability, status as a veteran, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information and retaliation in the University's programs and activities. Access to information regarding equal opportunity and diversity worksite posters is available at http://www.humanresources.ku.edu/policies_procedures/category_details/index.aspx*category=8 or you may contact 785-864-4946 or email@example.com for alternate access options. Any inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies should be directed to: Executive Director of the Office of Institutional Opportunity and Access, IOA@ku.edu, 1246 W. Campus Road, Room 153A, Lawrence, KS, 66045, (785)864-6414, 711 TTY