POOL - Online Instructor
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 1/31/2017
University of Kansas
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Overview
Online instructors will teach assigned career course sections including, but not limited to, LA&S 490 Internship Exploration, LA&S 475 Professional Career Management, and LA&S 485 Global Career Management. Additional assignments may be available for other career development courses as well. Single to multiple section teaching opportunities may be available each semester.
Departmental Description: The University Career Center recognizes the important role it plays in the recruitment, retention, and post-graduate success of the high quality students attending The University of Kansas. Toward that end, we offer a wide range of quality services designed to support and challenge students at all stages of the career development and implementation continuum. For more information about the University Career Center visit http://career.ku.edu.
Responsibilities of the online instructor include, but are not limited to, the following:
80% - Critique, evaluate and provide feedback on all assignments (such as learning objectives, demonstrated achievements, weekly discussion posts, application materials, and more).
15% - Communicate with and assist students regarding course content and technology
5% - Evaluate course and provide feedback to Career Technology Strategist to make necessary changes to courses
* Master s degree in counseling psychology, career counseling, education, or related field
* Demonstrated written communication skills
* 5+ years of direct student experience working in a career center environment in an institution of higher education.
* Strong understanding of career development and experiential learning.
* Previous experience in one or more of the following areas:
* Online learning, including use of Blackboard.
* Teaching and/or group facilitation.
* Experience utilizing a wide-variety of technology in a career development or teaching setting and ability to learn and apply new technology such as Blackboard tools, Skype for Business, ThingLink, Microsoft Office Suite, etc.
* Ability to work independently.
Additional Candidate Instruction
In addition to the online application, the following documents are required to be considered for this position:
* A cover letter addressing how required and preferred qualifications are met.
* Resume or curriculum vitae.
* Contact information for three professional references.
Deadline/Review Date: Ongoing
Estimated Start Date: Ongoing
Contact Information to Applicants
Erin Wolfram, Career Technology Strategist
Advertised Salary Range
$2500 - $4000 per section based on experience and qualifications
Application Review Begins
The University of Kansas prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, age, ancestry, disability status as a veteran, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, gender identity, gender expression, and genetic information in the university's programs and activities. Retaliation is also prohibited by university policy. The following persons have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies and are the Title IX coordinators for their respective campuses: Executive Director of the Office of Institutional Opportunity & Access, IOA@ku.edu, 1246 West Campus Road, Room 153A, Lawrence, KS 66045, 785-864-6414, 711 TTY 9for the Lawrence, Edwards, Parsons, Yoder, and Topeka campuses); Director, Equal Opportunity Office, Mail Stop 7004, 4330 Shawnee Mission Parkway, Fairway, KS 66205, 913-588-8011, 711 TTY (for the Wichita, Salina, and Kansas City, Kansas medical center campuses).