POOL - Online Lecturer 9/10/2016
University of Kansas
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Position Overview
The Institute for Leadership Studies invites qualified scholars and professionals to make application for part- to full-time online lecturer positions for the instruction of online courses. Online lecturers are untenured, non-tenure-track members of the faculty. Appointments are typically short in duration over a defined time period associated with the instruction of online course(s). Primary role is online instruction with no obligations to perform research or service. The appointment dates will vary based on the timeframe for the preparation and instruction of the online course(s). Generally the appointments will be temporary.
Application materials will be reviewed by the faculty and placed in a pool for consideration for teaching undergraduate courses in Leadership Studies consistent with departmental instructional needs.
The successful candidate must have appropriate authorization to work in the U.S. before employment begins.
Duties (Online Lecturer):
100% - Teach a specified number of courses per semester.
* Teach a specified number of either undergraduate courses per semester.
* Prepare for and attend all class meetings. Provide timely feedback and instructor/student interaction in asynchronous online course format with occasions for online office hours and/or Q&A sessions. Regular weekly interaction is expected in online courses.
* Provide instruction for course(s). Classes may be 16-week, 8-week, or minimester format. Class meetings will generally be asynchronous, but instructional expectations match those of the face-to-face experience.
* Administer assignments, tests, evaluate student work, provide timely feedback to students, and assign grades.
* Be available for students involved in classes taught. Office hours may include a set time where students can contact the instructor, but must also include expectations for timely responses to student inquiries outside of a set contact time.
* Adhere to department, college and university policies.
Evaluation of the following requirements will be made through (1) descriptions of work experience and educational experiences in letter of application, (2) record of accomplishments and productivity addressed in C.V., and (3) information provided from professional references.
* Master's degree in a related field.
* Expertise on topic being taught (from educational or employment experience).
* At least one semester teaching experience (classroom or online) in a related field at the university level.
* Ph.D. or ABD in a related field.
* Prior experience teaching course of interest.
Additional Candidate Instruction
A complete application will include a letter of application, a vitae detailing specific subject areas the applicant is qualified to teach and/or develop, and the names and contact information for three professional references.
Deadline/ Review Date: Ongoing
Estimated Start Date: Ongoing
Contact Information to Applicants
Leadership Studies Program Coordinator
Advertised Salary Range
Commensurate with qualifications and experience
Application Review Begins
The University of Kansas prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, age, ancestry, disability status as a veteran, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, gender identity, gender expression, and genetic information in the university's programs and activities. Retaliation is also prohibited by university policy. The following persons have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies and are the Title IX coordinators for their respective campuses: Executive Director of the Office of Institutional Opportunity & Access, IOA@ku.edu, 1246 West Campus Road, Room 153A, Lawrence, KS 66045, 785-864-6414, 711 TTY 9for the Lawrence, Edwards, Parsons, Yoder, and Topeka campuses); Director, Equal Opportunity Office, Mail Stop 7004, 4330 Shawnee Mission Parkway, Fairway, KS 66205, 913-588-8011, 711 TTY (for the Wichita, Salina, and Kansas City, Kansas medical center campuses).