POOL - Senior Trainer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/12/2016
END DATE 10/19/2016
University of Kansas
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Overview
The KU Public Management Center provides professional education and training to public sector and non-profit organizations throughout the state and KC Metro Region. The Public Management Center also provides custom courses and organizational consulting to public and nonprofit organizations. We seek qualified individuals to teach with our custom course programs, Supervisory Leadership Training, Certified Public Manager Program, Law Enforcement Leadership Academy and/or the Emerging Leaders Academy on an as-needed basis. Qualified applicants are also sought for the Center s organizational consulting activities, including facilitation. Course length varies from half-day to multi-day (2-3 days). Courses may cover such topics as: leadership; managing conflict; supervision; ethics; team-building; diversity; customer service; strategic planning; performance measurement and program evaluation; and various others. Applications will be accepted throughout the year. Application materials will be reviewed by the Public Management Center staff and placed in a pool for consideration as needed for part-time instructor positions.
The successful applicant must have appropriate authorization to work in the U.S. before employment begins.
100% - Instructor
* Provide classroom instruction for specific leadership, management and/or workplace skills topics, and facilitation services.
* In collaboration with program directors, determine specific exercises and teaching techniques for student assignments.
* Provide feedback to students on assignments and overall learning.
* Qualified applicants may also be asked to provide customized courses, curricula design and consulting on specific topics to public and nonprofit organizations.
Evaluation of the following requirements will be made through: 1) Descriptions of work experience and educational experiences in letter of application; 2) Record of accomplishments and productivity addressed in resume; and 3) Information provided from professional references.
* Bachelor's degree.
* 5 years minimum experience in a relevant content area.
* Demonstrated evidence of ability to teach effectively in adult education settings.
* Persons applying to teach in the Law Enforcement Leadership Academy as a principal instructor must be a sworn law enforcement officer.
* Master s Degree.
* Leadership experience working with public sector or non-profit organizations.
* Knowledge of adult education techniques.
* Experience in consulting, facilitation or curricula design.
Additional Candidate Instruction
A complete application will include a letter of application, a vitae detailing specific subject areas the applicant is qualified to teach and/or develop, and the names and contact information for three professional references.
Deadline/ Review Date: Ongoing
Estimated Start Date: Ongoing
Contact Information to Applicants
Advertised Salary Range
Commensurate with qualifications and experience
Application Review Begins
Anticipated Start Date
The University of Kansas prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, age, ancestry, disability, status as a veteran, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, gender identity, gender expression and genetic information in the University's programs and activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies: Executive Director of the Office of Institutional Opportunity and Access, IOA@ku.edu, 1246 W. Campus Road, Room 153A, Lawrence, KS, 66045, (785)864-6414, 711 TTY.