POOL - Teacher Candidate Supervisor 9/10/2016
University of Kansas
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Position Overview
The University of Kansas, Department of Curriculum & Teaching invites qualified professionals for a part-time, temporary Teacher Candidate Supervisor lecturer pool. This position will supervise for practicum and field experiences of teacher candidates seeking a teaching license.
Applicants will be accepted throughout the year. The successful applicant must have appropriate authorization to work in the U.S. before employment begins.
100% - Attend University supervisor training at the beginning of each semester. Complete multiple formal observations of teacher candidates placed in area school districts in Lawrence, Topeka, and the Kansas City area. Provide mentoring and guidance to teacher candidates within the clinical classroom setting. Monitor professional growth of teacher candidates. Communicate expectations to teacher candidates, cooperating classroom teachers and administrators. Complete and submit observation forms on teacher candidates' performance in a timely manner.
* Earned master's degree in Education or other field appropriate to subject area AND a minimum of 5 years relevant PreK-12 teaching or administrative experience, OR minimum of 15 years relevant PreK-12 teaching or administrative experience.
* Evidence of continued study in Education or other field appropriate to subject area such as exceptional school service, participation in professional organizations, and/or outstanding community service.
* Ability to communicate effectively with students, teachers, administrators, and university faculty.
* Current teaching license.
* Basic technology knowledge including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Apple iPad, and FileMaker Pro.
Additional Candidate Instruction
A complete application includes an online application, resume/CV, cover letter and a list of three professional references to the online application.
Review of applications are ongoing.
Contact Information to Applicants
Advertised Salary Range
$500 per Teacher Candidate
Application Review Begins
The University of Kansas prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, age, ancestry, disability, status as a veteran, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information and retaliation in the University's programs and activities. Access to information regarding equal opportunity and diversity worksite posters is available at http://www.humanresources.ku.edu/policies_procedures/category_details/index.aspx*category=8 or you may contact 785-864-4946 or email@example.com for alternate access options. Any inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies should be directed to: Executive Director of the Office of Institutional Opportunity and Access, IOA@ku.edu, 1246 W. Campus Road, Room 153A, Lawrence, KS, 66045, (785)864-6414, 711 TTY.