P2P Procurement Analyst
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 10/12/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB DESCRIPTION
P2P PROCUREMENT ANALYST
JOB ID 20162613 DATE POSTED 09/14/2016 Description
ABOUT THE POSITION:
The Analyst will provide an analytical support service such as gathering and analyzing data and producing reports in order to provide relevant and up to date information to support decision making for the department and to support the P2P Procurement Team.
This role involves working with the management team to support the development and implementation of the Supply Chain Performance Excellence Strategy. The candidate will personally help to support managers, analysts and buyers on P2P Procurement team and ensure that the new ways of working are established and retained within Shared Services.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO):
The role will include assisting in managing and facilitating teams in P2P Procurement to drive efficiency and value for Supply Chain and for the business functions it supports.
* Independently research, collate and analyze resourcing data using tools, methods and formats in order to produce reports, provide recommendations and support the department's decision making process.
* Administer, analyze, interpret and implement management policies, operating practices and procedures for the functional area.
* Develop and maintain effective relationships with key stakeholders in order to share best practice, provide technical advice and build bases of influence.
* Keep up to date with market developments within Shared Services and SAP in order to ensure the optimization of best practice for National Grid.
* Develop and maintain analytical systems, models and procedures in order to support design solutions and enhance consistency and efficiency.
* Challenge existing ways of working and continuously seek ways to do things better in order to drive greater efficiencies within the Resourcing function.
* Serve as an escalation point for complex P2P Procurement issues; respond to customer issues in a manner that meets or exceeds the timeline designated in the P2P escalation procedures.
* Analyze trends in escalated issues to identify on-the-job training opportunities and deliver the training.
* Participate in continuous improvement workshops and projects as directed.
* Recognized as P2P Procurement Subject Matter Expert on Procurement plan, policies, procedures, and providers
* Analyze the progress of the P2P Procurement team against the metrics as defined in the Service Level Agreements.
* Suggest methods to update, simplify, improve, and enhance processes, procedures and technologies.
* Ensure that data quality is high by carrying out regular quality checks (e.g. checking completeness of data, plausibility, etc.).
* Create functional specifications, review, and recommend modifications to P2P Procurement reports.
* Participate in user acceptance testing for system upgrades and new functionality.
* Build upon professional skills and knowledge of Procurement and SAP rules in order to continually grow your personal contribution to the business.
* Keep up to date with market/regulatory developments within own profession/discipline in order to ensure the optimization of best practices for National Grid.
* Challenge existing ways of working and continuously seek ways to do things better in order to drive greater efficiencies within assigned area
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
* Bachelor's degree in a related area and a minimum of 3 years of analytical or business support experience, or equivalent work experience.
* An advanced degree/credits is preferred. Strong analytical skills, using systems including MS Excel, MS Word, MS Access.
* SAP, Business Objects and Ariba experience a plus
* Proven ability to develop and maintain spreadsheets and databases, often complex in nature.
* Ability to research, compile, coordinate, schedule, review, document, organize, verify data, conduct independent analysis and identify inconsistencies.
* Ability to administer, analyze, interpret, create, initiate, resolve and implement management policies, operating practices and procedures for the functional area.
* Demonstrated strong organizational and planning skills with the proven ability to manage multiple priorities of moderate scope.
* Knowledge of current trends within the industry and developments in legislation or regulation. Knowledge of National Grid's business operations, company policies and practices.
* Experience and proficiency in relevant company related IT systems Demonstrated strong oral and written communication skills including the ability to communicate effectively across organization.
* Demonstrates the ability to understand multiple relationships between different sources of data and resourcing processes, identifying several likely causes or consequences of a situation.
* Identifies trends in data or resourcing processes that have been effective in the past and applies them within National Grid.
* Uses direct persuasion to influence others in the department and the wider business, using basic data, logic or a solid business case.
* Demonstrates the ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment with matters of significant importance.
* Reviews accuracy of own work and checks that all details are completed.
This position has a career path which provides for promotional opportunities within and across bands as you develop and evolve in the position; gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills.
NATIONAL GRID IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER THAT VALUES A BROAD DIVERSITY OF TALENT, KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND EXPERTISE. WE FOSTER A CULTURE OF INCLUSION THAT DRIVES EMPLOYEE ENGAGEMENT TO DELIVER SUPERIOR PERFORMANCE TO THE COMMUNITIES WE SERVE. NATIONAL GRID IS PROUD TO BE AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER. WE ENCOURAGE MINORITIES, WOMEN, INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES AND PROTECTED VETERANS TO JOIN THE NATIONAL GRID TEAM.
:Services Del Center
:Sep 14, 2016, 2:49:13 PM