PRACTICE ASSISTANT I / 40 HOURS / DAYS - BWH REHAB SERVICES - FOXBORO
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 11/17/2016
Brigham & Women's Hospital(BWH)
JOB DESCRIPTIONGENERAL SUMMARY/ OVERVIEW STATEMENT:
Provides all clerical and receptionist functions for the Outpatient Rehabilitation Services.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Performs all aspects of patient scheduling which includes, entering complete information, booking appropriately the disposition of all appointments, confirming patient visits, inputting necessary data, prompting immediate charge entry to correctly generate bills, and managing all undisposed appointments for assigned services.
2. Operates multi-line telephone consoles for 2 service ambulatory care department (PT, OT, Hand Management, Foot Orthotics). Screens calls and provides information to callers, records and transmits messages, or directs call to triage therapist and/or appropriate individuals.
3. Prepares, organizes and distributes all appropriate medical record/documentation. Correctly identifies issues related to insurance/registration and cordially directs patients when changes are indicated. Adheres to all confidentiality policies and procedures at all times. Appropriately identifies problems/opportunities that impact on clinical schedules and service availability to the triage supervisor. Receives, files and/or distributes incoming mail, physician referrals, and insurance approvals.
4. Greets outpatients and visitors to the department and directs to appropriate area. Monitors patient flow and waiting room activity. Correctly identifies problem situations and brings them to the attention of the service coordinator/supervisor.
5. Schedules appointments, utilizing the computers clinical information scheduling option, for Rehabilitation Services. Organizes schedule for 15-20 clinicians.
6. Maintains various lists and records such as triage and walk-in referrals and beeper numbers, as directed.
7. Organizes and maintains appropriate inventory of office supplies in the department.
8. Confirms all daily visits in the computer system and verifies charges with no-show report.
9. Verify patients insurance and initiates pre-authorization process for managed care.
10. Receives, sorts and distributes mail. Routes mail when appropriate.
11. Other clerical and reception duties as assigned.
12. Manages pre-scheduling program of post-op patients.
13. Assists in training of new clinical staff in regards to scheduling, front desk.
14. Assists managed care coordinator with assigned tasks.
15. Demonstrates effective interpersonal skills in all interactions with public, staff, patients and families and caregivers. Is polite and courteous at all times.
1. High school diploma or GED required.
2. Work requires the ability to read and write sufficiently to process referrals, schedule appointments on computer-based system, take messages and understand routine correspondences. The ability to do and or learn basic calculations with the assistance of a calculator is required. This level of general educational development is normally acquired through a high school education.
3. Work requires one month training and orientation to become familiar with department procedures. 4. A basic understanding of medical terms is helpful.
SKILLS/ ABILITIES/ COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
1. Work requires judgment and integrity in dealing with confidential materials.
2. Strong interpersonal skills necessary to deal effectively with a variety of professionals, staff, patients, and visitors.
3. Must have good communication skills.
4. Fluency in Spanish, strongly preferred.
5. Complies with ambulatory standards and other regulatory agency standards (i.e. HIPPA) regarding interaction with the public.
1. Normal patient reception area in patient care setting.
Verifies correct patient insurance, starts managed care process to ensure Accurate Insurance flow.
Brigham and Womens Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, age, veteran status, disability unrelated to job requirements, genetic information, military service, or other protected status.
Brigham and Womens Hospital I CARE Standards
The I CARE Standards guide me in my interactions with patients, family members, visitors, colleagues, and neighbors in my workplace and surrounding community to optimize the Brigham experience and help fulfill my role in our mission of providing seamless, high quality patient and family centered care.
C. I WILL COMMUNICATE MY COMMITMENT TO HIGH QUALITY PERFORMANCE
A. I WILL APPEAR AND ACT AS A PROFESSIONAL
R. I WILL RESPECT ALL INDIVIDUALS
E. I WILL EXTEND MYSELF