PRN BEHAVIORAL HEALTH RN
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/13/2016
END DATE 10/26/2016
University of Kansas Hospital
Overland Park, KS
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Details
BSN preferred, Minimum of ADN with 2+ years of experience
Licensed in the State of Practice or Eligible
RN Required or Eligible
I am at least 18 years of age
I am authorized to work in the United States
I meet the job requirements as described
Work among the best. We are a top 25 employer in the metro area offering a wide array of career opportunities within our organization. We have a leading reputation for patient care, medical education, research, and community service. We value and respect the talented, committed, and diverse people who make up our hospital; they are our most important strength. The hospital offers very competitive wages and an outstanding benefit package.
We currently have an opening for a Behavioral Health RN
* Assess and monitor administration and documentation of all medications.
* Assess, monitor, and treat clients daily.
* Work closely with all medical staff.
* May conduct assessments.
* May facilitate scheduling of medical, dental, and eye appointments and ensure those needs are met.
* Ensure all patient charts and related documentation is maintained, current, and relevant at all times.
* Oversee lab clinic.
* Participate in meetings.
* Process doctor's orders and work closely with the pharmacy.
* Assess for medical emergencies and consult with appropriate staff regarding appropriate treatment.
* High School diploma required
* BSN preferred, minimum requirement is ADN with 2 years or more of experience and must complete BSN within 5 years of hire
* RN License in state of practice required
* Certified in behavior management techniques required
* BLS Certification required
* Knowledge and understanding of physician desk reference guide required
* Minimum of one to three years of relevant experience preferred
The University of Kansas Medical Center is committed to providing an equal opportunity for all qualified individuals to be considered for employment, benefits and conditions of employment, and to participate in or benefit from education programs and activities, regardless of race, religion, color, ethnicity, sex, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, status as a veteran, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, gender identity, gender expression, or genetic information. A university community that provides equal opportunity for all will make significant strides towards the elimination of discrimination.
It is the mission of the Equal Opportunity Office to create a community of equality and inclusiveness that provides full and fair opportunities for all persons and to foster an intellectually and culturally diverse environment of learning and leadership where all individuals are valued, respected, and unhindered in their pursuit of excellence in their work and education.