PRN FAMILY AND YOUTH SPEC I
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 11/18/2016
University of Kansas Hospital
Overland Park, KS
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Details
I am at least 18 years of age
I am authorized to work in the United States
I meet the job requirements as described
Work among the best. We are a top 25 employer in the metro area offering a wide array of career opportunities within our organization. We have a leading reputation for patient care, medical education, research, and community service. We value and respect the talented, committed, and diverse people who make up our hospital; they are our most important strength. The hospital offers very competitive wages and an outstanding benefit package.
We currently have an opening for PRN Family and Youth Specialist
* Responsible for direct supervision and safety of all clients.
* Responsible for proper behavior management of children through the use of behavior management techniques.
* Have a working knowledge of child's treatment plan and objectives and structures activities to support that plan.
* Responsible for creatively structuring activities for groups and conducting psycho-educational groups.
* May be responsible for medication administration and other medical support.
* Responsible for the reviewing/writing of all required documentation.
* Responsible for teaching, guiding, and assisting the client in daily life skills as appropriate for age.
* Provide 24 hour awake supervision.
* May assist classroom teacher in performing classroom duties.
* Ability to manage clients courteously and tactfully while on agency property.
* High School diploma or equivalent required
* Minimum 1 year of experience or 60 college credit hours with 6 hours in behavioral science required
* Bachelor's Degree in Social Services preferred
* Minimum of one years of experience working with clients required
* Minimum of three years of experience for Lead Family and Youth Specialist required
* Knowledge in child development and trauma informed care required
* Knowledge of community resources and services required
* Must be at least 21 years of age
The University of Kansas Medical Center is committed to providing an equal opportunity for all qualified individuals to be considered for employment, benefits and conditions of employment, and to participate in or benefit from education programs and activities, regardless of race, religion, color, ethnicity, sex, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, status as a veteran, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, gender identity, gender expression, or genetic information. A university community that provides equal opportunity for all will make significant strides towards the elimination of discrimination.
It is the mission of the Equal Opportunity Office to create a community of equality and inclusiveness that provides full and fair opportunities for all persons and to foster an intellectually and culturally diverse environment of learning and leadership where all individuals are valued, respected, and unhindered in their pursuit of excellence in their work and education.