PRN-Food Service Specialist - Lakewood (Varied Hours)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 6/24/2017
Truman Medical Centers, Inc
Lees Summit, MO
JOB DESCRIPTIONTracking Code
Truman Medical Centers, a two-hospital, 600-bed, not-for-profit healthcare system, is the largest and most comprehensive safety net healthcare provider in Jackson County and Kansas City, Mo. TMC serves as the pri mary teaching hospital for the University of Missouri-Kansas City Schools of Medicine, Nursing, Dentistry and Pharmacy.
Our Hospital Hill campus is located in the UMKC Health Sciences District: a premier academic health district engaging in cutting-edge biomedical research and entrepreneurship, delivering state-of-the science health care, and educating the next generation of health care professionals. Recognized as a critical area resource for advanced specialized healthcare, TMC is constantly working to deliver the best pos sible medical care for our patients. Quality, innovation, team work and attention to detail are at the heart of all we do. TMC s tagline is: Better. For Everyone. It is a simple state ment, but it has profound significance. It is what we stand for, it is the focus of our work, and it is our promise to our patients.
Responsible for patient food service on assigned unit/floor. This includes menu selections, tray assembly, tray delivery and pickup, special requests and needs, and in-between meal food delivery. Delivery of floor stocks including supplements. Assists in the preparation and service of food.
* High school diploma or equivalent
* Must have good basic math skills
* Ability to interact and get along with others
* Ability to follow oral and written instructions
* Must be able to lift 50 pounds, push/pull heavy carts, and carry objects
* Must be able to perform motor skills such as bending, twisting, turning, kneeling, reaching out/up wrist turning/torquing, grasping, and finger manipulation
* Good verbal communication skills so as to be able to communicate well to patients, nursing, customers and co-workers
* Must be able to receive and understand information given over the telephone
* Ability to interact positively and empathetically with patients, customers and co-workers
A minimum of one year experience in the institutional food service industry