PRN MEDICAL SURGICAL NURSE
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/24/2016
END DATE 12/15/2016
University of Kansas Hospital
Overland Park, KS
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Details
Bachelor's Degree in Nursing or higher
I am at least 18 years of age
I am authorized to work in the United States
I meet the job requirements as described
Find yourself among the best. At The University of Kansas Hospital, nurses deliver world-class patient care in an environment where opinions are respected, professionalism is rewarded and teamwork is valued. Nurses come here to practice at the leading edge of their profession, to be an integral part of medical breakthroughs, and to handle complex cases that community hospitals rarely if ever see. In addition to being the best place to work, the hospital offers very competitive wages and an outstanding benefit package.
We currently have an opening for a PRN Medical Surgical Nurse at our Indian Creek campus.
* Analyzes assessment data to determine diagnosis/patient care priorities.
* Collaborates and coordinates care of the patient with the interdisciplinary team.
* Completes comprehensive patient assessment specific to clinical area/unit.
* Develops and updates the patient plan of care.
* Documents all aspects of care thoroughly per hospital policy.
* Evaluates effectiveness of interventions and revises plan of care on an ongoing basis.
* Follows organizational policies in providing safe patient care at all times (med admin, handoffs, etc.).
* Implements the plan of care utilizing resources and best evidence.
* Integrates patient and family teaching in daily routine.
* Involves patient/family in identification of expected outcomes and goals.
* Participates in unit and/or department quality improvement efforts.
* Bachelor's degree in Nursing required; Current Kansas Board of Nursing License.
* Two or more years of experience as a clinical nurse.
* Must have an American Heart Association basic life support (BLS) or an American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer certification.
The University of Kansas Medical Center is committed to providing an equal opportunity for all qualified individuals to be considered for employment, benefits and conditions of employment, and to participate in or benefit from education programs and activities, regardless of race, religion, color, ethnicity, sex, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, status as a veteran, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, gender identity, gender expression, or genetic information. A university community that provides equal opportunity for all will make significant strides towards the elimination of discrimination.
It is the mission of the Equal Opportunity Office to create a community of equality and inclusiveness that provides full and fair opportunities for all persons and to foster an intellectually and culturally diverse environment of learning and leadership where all individuals are valued, respected, and unhindered in their pursuit of excellence in their work and education.