PRN MEDICAL TEAM ASSISTANT
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/13/2016
END DATE 12/5/2016
University of Kansas Hospital
Overland Park, KS
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Details
I am at least 18 years of age
I am authorized to work in the United States
I meet the job requirements as described
Work among the best. We are a top 25 employer in the metro area offering a wide array of career opportunities within our organization. We have a leading reputation for patient care, medical education, research, and community service. We value and respect the talented, committed, and diverse people who make up our hospital; they are our most important strength. The hospital offers very competitive wages and an outstanding benefit package.
We currently have an opening for a PRN Medical Team Assistant
* Assists physicians and/or nurses with special procedures and examinations as defined on competency checklist.
* Collaborates with members of the health care team in coordinating and implementing plans for patient care. May record elements of the patient history for clinical staff review.
* Electronically submits, calls and/or faxes in prescriptions and refills to outpatient pharmacies
* Ensures data collected for completed procedures is recorded on appropriate forms and in medical records
* Maintains medical records. Ensures all required documentation is available in the medical record. Distributes reports and correspondence; files, photocopies and processes forms related to medical charts.
* Maintains orderliness and cleanliness of examination rooms; stocks assigned areas and insures par levels of supplies are maintained. Checks and completes required logs and equipment such as refrigerator logs, eyewash logs, emergency/crash carts, suction and other required checks.
* Performs clerical duties such as greeting patients; registration; scheduling; precertification of tests, procedures and medications; processing insurance forms; preparing financial records; answering phones; and entering ambulatory care charges.
* Performs simple procedures as directed by the ambulatory nurse or physician and as defined on the competency checklist.
* Performs vital signs, height, weight and screening procedures and documents in medical record
* Graduate of Medical Assistant Program or LPN License required
* High School diploma or equivalent required
* BLS Certification required
* Previous medical office experience preferred
The University of Kansas Medical Center is committed to providing an equal opportunity for all qualified individuals to be considered for employment, benefits and conditions of employment, and to participate in or benefit from education programs and activities, regardless of race, religion, color, ethnicity, sex, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, status as a veteran, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, gender identity, gender expression, or genetic information. A university community that provides equal opportunity for all will make significant strides towards the elimination of discrimination.
It is the mission of the Equal Opportunity Office to create a community of equality and inclusiveness that provides full and fair opportunities for all persons and to foster an intellectually and culturally diverse environment of learning and leadership where all individuals are valued, respected, and unhindered in their pursuit of excellence in their work and education.