PRN PATIENT REGISTRATION REP
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 11/15/2016
University of Kansas Hospital
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Details
I am at least 18 years of age
I am authorized to work in the United States
I meet the job requirements as described
Work among the best. We are a top 25 employer in the metro area offering a wide array of career opportunities within our organization. We have a leading reputation for patient care, medical education, research, and community service. We value and respect the talented, committed, and diverse people who make up our hospital; they are our most important strength. The hospital offers very competitive wages and an outstanding benefit package.
We currently have an opening for a PRN Patient Registration Rep
* Admits scheduled, non-scheduled, and emergent patients.
* Obtains and inputs accurate patient and insurance information.
* Explains facility policies and has proper admission forms signed by patient.
* Obtains room and bed assignment.
* Complies with Medicare/Medicaid and other insurance rules and regulations.
* Will conduct bedside admission on patients who are directly admitted to a nursing unit.
* High School diploma or equivalent required
* Three years general clerical experience / registration / customer service in a Health Care setting preferred
* Basic computer skills required
* Ability to work under stress with frequent interruptions
* Ability to maintain confidentiality with patient records
The University of Kansas Medical Center is committed to providing an equal opportunity for all qualified individuals to be considered for employment, benefits and conditions of employment, and to participate in or benefit from education programs and activities, regardless of race, religion, color, ethnicity, sex, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, status as a veteran, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, gender identity, gender expression, or genetic information. A university community that provides equal opportunity for all will make significant strides towards the elimination of discrimination.
It is the mission of the Equal Opportunity Office to create a community of equality and inclusiveness that provides full and fair opportunities for all persons and to foster an intellectually and culturally diverse environment of learning and leadership where all individuals are valued, respected, and unhindered in their pursuit of excellence in their work and education.