PRN - Patient Care Technician - Float Pool - Hospital Hill
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/13/2016
END DATE 10/14/2016
Truman Medical Centers, Inc
Kansas City, MO
JOB DESCRIPTIONTracking Code
Truman Medical Centers, a two-hospital, 600-bed, not-for-profit healthcare system, is the largest and most comprehensive safety net healthcare provider in Jackson County and Kansas City, Mo. TMC serves as the pri mary teaching hospital for the University of Missouri-Kansas City Schools of Medicine, Nursing, Dentistry and Pharmacy. Recognized as a critical area resource for advanced specialized healthcare, TMC is constantly working to deliver the best pos sible medical care for our patients. Quality, innovation, team work and attention to detail are at the heart of all we do. TMC s tagline is: Better. For Everyone. It is a simple state ment, but it has profound significance. It is what we stand for, it is the focus of our work, and it is our promise to our patients.
The Patient Care Technician (PCT) will provide care to patients in an acute care setting. Utilize a variety of technical skills that have been validated through a formalized training program. Perform duties in a manner consistent with established nursing standards of practice and the mission of Truman Medical Center.
* Minimum Requirements
* High school diploma or GED.
* Documented experience as a nurse assistant, emergency medical technician or surgical technician in the past three (3) years.
* A minimum of 6 months direct patient care experience required for both full time and part-time positions.
* PRN status must have a minimum of one year of experience with patient care
* Current BCLS certification when hired; certification must be kept current for continued employment
* Unlicensed Assistive Personnel training or the training requirements will be waived if
* an employee demonstrates competency in the content areas required by regulatory
* requirements; in the duties specific to their job and the patient population assigned;
* a. Is enrolled in a professional or practical nursing education program and has completed a fundamentals of nursing course; or
* b. Was a professional nursing or practical nursing licensure candidate who failed to pass the state licensure examinations in the past three (3) years; or
* Is certified as a nursing assistant per state regulation; or
* d. Is certified or has had formal training that meets the UAP curriculum; or .has documented experience as a nurse assistant, emergency medical technician or surgical technician in the past three (3) years; or
* e. Has proof of completion of UAP training program in Missouri within the last three (3) years which meets the requirements of this policy; or
* f. Has completed a professional or licensed practical nursing program outside the United States and is awaiting the licensure examination in this country.
* UAP s from staffing agencies shall comply with the training requirements.
* If the above criteria are not met, the incumbent is prohibited from providing direct patient care to any acute care patients undergoing a procedure in the outpatient setting.