- This company is committed to hiring veterans.
PRN- Peer Rehabilitation Specialist - Community Rehab
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
Truman Medical Centers, a two-hospital, 600-bed, not-for-profit healthcare system, is the largest and most comprehensive safety net healthcare provider in Jackson County and Kansas City, Mo. TMC serves as the pri mary teaching hospital for the University of Missouri-Kansas City Schools of Medicine, Nursing, Dentistry and Pharmacy. Recognized as a critical area resource for advanced specialized healthcare, TMC is constantly working to deliver the best pos sible medical care for our patients. Quality, innovation, team work and attention to detail are at the heart of all we do. TMC s tagline is: Better. For Everyone. It is a simple state ment, but it has profound significance. It is what we stand for, it is the focus of our work, and it is our promise to our patients.
The Peer Rehabilitation Specialist provides supportive services for clients who are experiencing troubles as a result of a disability (primarily mental illness). Services may include independent living skill building, community integration, job skill training, psychoeducational classes, rehabilitation planning, community activities, client and family education, coordination of services, client or self advocacy, referral to other service providers, and crisis support. The Peer Rehabilitation Specialist will meet productivity standards and documentation requirements to assure the viability of the program success and client outcomes. The Peer Rehabilitation Specialist functions as a member of an interdisciplinary team for client care and services. The Peer Rehabilitation Specialist works under the regular supervision and direction of a Supervisor, Coordinator-Manager, Program Director, or a Qualified Mental Health Professional.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
1. Complies with departmental, divisional and corporate guidelines.
2. Assists individuals with a disability (primarily mental illness) in developing skills and competencies needed to be successful living in the community.
3. Provides service in a manner that is appropriate for the patient's age; Demonstrates knowledge and skills necessary to meet the patient's physical, psychosocial, educational and safety needs.
4. Must complete approved crisis prevention/verbal de-escalation training within 90 days
of hire and maintain during employment.
5. Presents a courteous and helpful demeanor, appropriate for age, to all clients, visitors, other Truman employees/medical staff members, or any other person an employee encounters while representing Truman Medical Center.
6. Promotes quality improvement, staff and patient safety, and cultural diversity through department operations and by personal performance.
7. Maintains current knowledge related to applicable statutes, regulations, guidelines and standards necessary to perform job duties in accordance with the requirements of the Corporate Compliance Plan. Complies with the requirements of the Code of Conduct, Corporate Compliance Plan and Policies and Procedures, including training requirements. Participates in compliance activities under the direction of the Director of Rehabilitation Services and Corporate Compliance Officer.
1. High school degree or equivalent.
2. Must be a primary mental health consumer (diagnosed as having a mental illness) and willing to share the personal experiences of recovery.
3. Good written and verbal communication skills.
4. Work with people in a team setting.
5. Demonstrate ability to respectfully motivate other consumers to act on their own behalf and to participate in activities.
6. Able to engage clients in one-on-one and in small groups.
7. Speak and read English.
8. If driving is a requirement for the employee, he/she must meet the requirements specified in the Fleet Driving Safety and Compliance Policy and must continue to meet these requirements as a condition of employment.
9. Completion of training as directed through orientation and/or by Leadership, Management or Educators in the established timeline for continued employment.