PRN REGISTERED NURSE
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/8/2016
END DATE 10/16/2016
University of Kansas Hospital
Kansas City, KS
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Details
I am at least 18 years of age
I am authorized to work in the United States
I meet the job requirements as described
Work among the best. We are a top 25 employer in the metro area offering a wide array of career opportunities within our organization. We have a leading reputation for patient care, medical education, research, and community service. We value and respect the talented, committed, and diverse people who make up our hospital; they are our most important strength. The hospital offers very competitive wages and an outstanding benefit package.
We currently have an opening for a PRN Registered Nurse
PROFESSIONAL IDENTITY STATEMENT FOR NURSES
At The University of Kansas Hospital, we strive to create a dynamic culture of professional behavior that requires personal and team accountability, self-reflection, integrity and respect. A nurse at The University of Kansas Hospital has a professional obligation to provide the highest quality of care that is reflective of the culture and to adhere to organizational policies and best practices.
This culture is actualized through image, attitudes and behavior.
* Provides professional nursing care through assessment and accurate documentation, diagnosis, planning, implementation and evaluation for the comfort and well-being of patients.
* Carries out a plan of care specific to unit competencies for the target patient population.
* Coordinates care delivery and education through collaboration with patient, family and all health care team providers to ensure safe, effective and quality patient care.
* Follows organizational policies in providing safe patient care
* Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Nursing Required; Perioperative Services will accept an ADN with relevant work experience
* Registered Nurse in State of Kansas required
* BLS Certification required
* 6 months to 2 years of clinical experience preferred
The University of Kansas Medical Center is committed to providing an equal opportunity for all qualified individuals to be considered for employment, benefits and conditions of employment, and to participate in or benefit from education programs and activities, regardless of race, religion, color, ethnicity, sex, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, status as a veteran, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, gender identity, gender expression, or genetic information. A university community that provides equal opportunity for all will make significant strides towards the elimination of discrimination.
It is the mission of the Equal Opportunity Office to create a community of equality and inclusiveness that provides full and fair opportunities for all persons and to foster an intellectually and culturally diverse environment of learning and leadership where all individuals are valued, respected, and unhindered in their pursuit of excellence in their work and education.