- This company is committed to hiring veterans.
PRN-Registered Medical Technologist - General Lab LW
Truman Medical Centers, a two-hospital, 600-bed, not-for-profit healthcare system, is the largest and most comprehensive safety net healthcare provider in Jackson County and Kansas City, Mo. TMC serves as the pri mary teaching hospital for the University of Missouri-Kansas City Schools of Medicine, Nursing, Dentistry and Pharmacy. Recognized as a critical area resource for advanced specialized healthcare, TMC is constantly working to deliver the best pos sible medical care for our patients. Quality, innovation, team work and attention to detail are at the heart of all we do. TMC s tagline is: Better. For Everyone. It is a simple state ment, but it has profound significance. It is what we stand for, it is the focus of our work, and it is our promise to our patients.
As a MT you will perform various tests on specimens using analytical reagents, kits, and instrumentation as well as follow established procedures, including compliance with infection control, OSHA, and Universal Precautions policies. You will follow established procedures and perform maintenance procedures, instrument checks, calibrations, or other procedures, as assigned. Calculate and tabulate test results and report results, as well as post results to computer system.
* Bachelor's degree in a chemical, physical, biological or clinical laboratory/medical technology science or equivalent with Associate''s degree, completion of AMA approved lab training program and MLT (ASCP or equivalent) certification
* Completion of an AMA approved laboratory training program
* MT (ASCP) (or equivalent) certification or eligible and must obtain certification within 120 days of hire into position
* Must be able to stand for long periods
* All technologists must meet the CLIA '88 requirements for the complexity level of work performed