This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 10/12/2016
As part of the TE Oceanside, CA based purchasing team the candidate will work closely with TE tooling, product and quality engineers, as well as, buyers and planners to support a broad range of terminals and connectors. The candidate will also interface directly with suppliers on a global basis.
The successful candidate will drive change in the purchasing community, working to improve supplier delivery, quality and productivity. Developing action plans to improve key metrics and driving the team to lead improvements.
RESPONSIBILITIES & QUALIFICATIONS:
* Drive cost savings activities, including: E-Sourcing, Re-Sourcing, Engineering Changes, Commodity Management Strategies to reduce costs.
* Lead process to implement and maintain contracts, consignment and stocking program activities to support reduced lead times from suppliers. This also includes negotiating agreements with suppliers to hold and maintain raw material inventory.
* Develop process to maintain Info Records in SAP, TEAO-P Initiatives and Star Level attainment.
* Supplier Management Lead development of commodity management process including risk assessment, development and capacity management. Also includes scorecard reviews and strategic meetings.
* Support annual re-cost efforts, including cost modeling and supplier cost analysis.
* Approve all supplier cost increase requests, and drive submittal for review in ADM sourcing council.
* Work with team to create personnel development plans.
* Present to executive leadership summaries on open issues and projects including action plans and time lines for completion.
* Support transfer of new products from development.
* Able to work independently on a variety of problems. Exercises judgment within established procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
* Bachelor s degree in business or suitable experience in the purchasing / procurement fields.
* Strong understanding and working knowledge of SAP.
* Project management experience combined with strong verbal, written and PC skills.
* Understanding of production methods and quality assurance methods.
* Strong advance management skills, including personnel development
* Previous experience working with off shore suppliers is helpful.
* Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs required.
* Team player, hands-on attitude, self motivated, ability to work with little supervision.
* Broad knowledge base of manufacturing principles, practices and procedures for commodities such as screw machining, customer machining, plastic conversion molding, plating, casting and /or rubber molding as a plus.
* Domestic US travel is required and some international travel may be require
* Must be US Citizen or Perm Legal Resident