PRODUCT MANAGEMENT INTERN
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/30/2016
END DATE 11/10/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY OVERVIEW:
The Product Management Intern position is designed to expose the college-level candidate to a variety of real-world experiences in automotive product marketing. The emphasis is on applying marketing principles and creativity to automotive electrical connectors and related products used by North American automakers. The candidate will enjoy the challenge of developing a marketing message, creating communications and promotional materials, interacting with website developers, and positioning our products in the competitive context. This position can lead to full-time positions in Product Management, Sales, Marketing or Engineering, depending on background, candidate interest and aptitude.
RESPONSIBILITIES & QUALIFICATIONS:
The job duties below illustrate the scope of assignments available to the candidate. Specific priorities will be tailored to coordinate with the specific needs of the product management staff and the interests and abilities of the candidate.
* Create customer presentations for assigned products that make a compelling case for selecting TE's product. Apply best practices for presenting technical material to targeted audiences. Work with sales teams (the customary presenters of the material to the customer) to refine the presentations for best effectiveness.
* Assist product managers in preparing sales training materials for assigned products. These training materials teach TE staff what the product is, why it is important to customers, and how to best sell it.
* Create sample kits designed to show off the physical parts. These challenging marketing pieces are designed to enable the presenter to illustrate their sales message with the most impact.
* Furnish product information to TE's catalog and website development teams for assigned products. This will involve learning the product characteristics and function to a level typically required of a marketing professional.
* Assist in the creation of a communication system between product management and sales teams. This will facilitate awareness of new product developments, launches, updates and other information sales teams need to be aware of.
* Organize and maintain competitor information in a searchable data base. Review with the product management team on a monthly basis.
* Coordinate the competitive product benchmarking activity for assigned products. Work with engineering staff, product management and sales teams to obtain parts that compete with assigned product lines, assist in defining comparison tests and evaluations to be performed, and track progress towards the goal of understanding how TE parts perform against other products.
* Assist product managers to integrate product marketing tasks into the product development process. These tasks will be time-phased so that they are performed at the appropriate time and in the correct sequence. The final step is to complete a "Launch Checklist" which signals that a product is ready for release and general promotion.
* Other special projects may be assigned as needed.
The ideal candidate is a detail-oriented sophomore, junior, senior, or graduate student currently working toward a Bachelor's or Master s degree Engineering or Business Administration and who meets the following qualifications:
* Excellent quantitative and analytical skills
* Strong Microsoft Office skills
* Intellectual horsepower, curiosity, analytical, detail oriented
* Strong presentation and communication skills (both oral and written) and comfort working across all levels of the organization
* Comfort dealing with ambiguity and ability to manage multiple projects
* Track record of demonstrated progressive leadership potential through academic, work, and/or community activities
* Demonstrated project management capabilities with an emphasis on strategic thinking, teamwork, and results-driven implementation