PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR 8/28/2016
Red Gold, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY DESCRIPTION:
Title: PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR
Reports to: Production Superintendent / Manager
This position is responsible for maximizing productivity while showing continuous improvement in scrap, safety and quality objectives in a team-based environment. This position must also ensure that the production lines are run efficiently at all times with the correct amount of employees. Due to they dynamic nature of our business, duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted or changed at any time at the discretion of management, formally or informally, either verbally or in writing.
Productivity/Quality All Hourly Production Employees
* Ensure production lines are running efficiently
* Must be actively working with a continuous improvement mindset
* Maintaining product quality parameters
* Planning / Organizing
* This position is a backup for Filler Operator, Cook, Sanitor, and Ingredient Handler.
Safety & Sanitation
* Daily housekeeping for the shift
* Assurance of compliance with plant Good Manufacturing Processes
* Safety Audits
* Responsible for monitoring, record keeping, and taking appropriate action for specified Food Safety Plan, Food Quality Plan and prerequisite program requirements.
* Responsible to report food safety and quality issues to management.
* Timely completion for objectives
* Daily Production, Operating and Efficiency Reports
* Line Start Ups & Shut Downs
* Shift employees
Education and Experience
* 4 year degree in any of the following disciplines: Food Science, Management Supervision, FMO (Food Manufacturing Organization)
* 3-5 years in Food Manufacturing or related industry preferred
* 1-2 years Supervisory experience
* Computer proficient MS Office
* Technical knowledge of food related equipment
* Must possess excellent leadership qualities with a proven track record of leading others
* Available to work a flexible work schedule
* Must be able to lift/carry boxes of product components
* Must be able to tolerate a warm climate working environment
* Must wear appropriate safety and GMP gear in designated areas of the plant
* Able to walk and/or stand on concrete floors for long periods of time
* Able to ambulate hands and fingers to operate necessary equipment for the position, which includes a telephone, computer, radio, etc.
* All Hourly Production Employees
* Excellent Communication skills written & verbal
* Must be an independent thinking with the ability to make decisions quickly
* Must have a sense of urgency coupled with the ability to proactively solve problems
* Must display initiative and ingenuity
* On the job training regarding Training by HACCP Coordinator.