PROJECT MANAGER IV
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/12/2016
END DATE 11/4/2016
Responsible for technical program management to oversee the technology transfer of new products from R&D to Manufacturing. Also responsible to oversee, schedule and track cost reduction projects via sustaining engineering efforts. Track performance, and delivery of related cable projects resulting in high customer satisfaction, on-time schedule completions, and on-budget performance. Key points of customer interface include TE SubCom R&D, TEICS Manufacturing, Engineering, Project Management, and all wet plant internal departments.
Reports to the Director, Project Management
RESPONSIBILITIES & QUALIFICATIONS:
Responsibilities include and Requirements Include:
* Insure all internal documentation is in place for project progression (Customer Orders, Internal Work Authorizations, monthly Project Budgets and Cost analysis, etc.).
* Generate Plans of Work (POW) and milestones to match research and development Product Realization efforts and cable system project needs. TEICS internal milestones should include: Component Specifications, Models Builds, Documentation, Qualifications, Line Reviews, Testing. Milestones will tie to planned Ready to Manufacture (RTM) dates.
* Schedule meetings to coordinate with R&D group meetings, as well as schedule and lead TEICS internal resource meetings.
* Prepare requisitions for project-specific purchased items.
* Monitor day-to-day project performance against schedules.
* Issue periodic reports on individual project mfg. status and financial status.
* Provide input and support to TE SubCom regarding cost of New Product Introduction (including Cost and Cash Flow development).
* Support Department and Corporate TE Operating Advantage program expansion and vision to achieve Star Level 5 Status (VSM, On-Time Delivery, and Customer Satisfaction Ratings, as examples)
* Work with the Sustaining Engineering team to maintain a targeted backlog of cost reduction projects, Schedule, Manage and Report monthly progress.
* Strong knowledge of company products and procedures.
* Strong administrative skills, including organizational, verbal, and written skills.
* Strong Interpersonal Skills. Demonstrated ability working within diverse organizations, high performance/high reliability design/manufacturing, cost analysis, design documentation and data control.
* Computer skills and knowledge of standard Windows based software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook). Intermediate skills in using MS Project and Oracle is preferred. Willingness to learn and utilize both extensively is required.
* Bachelors Degree, preferably in a Technical field.
* Some travel with short notice required.