PROJECT MGR HIS PMO SR 9/13/2016
University of Kansas Hospital
Shawnee Mission, KS
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Details
Work among the best. We are a top 25 employer in the metro area offering a wide array of career opportunities within our organization. We have a leading reputation for patient care, medical education, research, and community service. We value and respect the talented, committed, and diverse people who make up our hospital; they are our most important strength. The hospital offers very competitive wages and an outstanding benefit package.
We currently have an opening for Project Manager HIS PMO Sr
* Must be able to perform the professional, clinical and or technical competencies of the assigned unit or department.
* Performs day-to-day management of all phases of the project including initiation, detailed design and development, build, testing, training, and deployment.
* Demonstrates strong communication and presentation skills including the ability to articulate and facilitate discussions across disciplines.
* Coordinates all project activities with business owners/stakeholders and cross-functional teams: technical, application, operational subject matter experts, and vendors.
* Creation and management of project plans, risk mitigation plans, communication plans, resource requirements, project budget, SharePoint worksites, and all other project management-related documentation.
* Collaborates closely with the business owners, stakeholders, and IT teams to identify and document detailed objectives, deliverables, requirements, process flows, and data sources that might impact strategic direction.
* Determines project objectives, deliverables, and requirements to develop the project scope, schedule, and cost using established PMO processes and best practices.
* Manages and maintains project schedule and milestones through project team status assessments and measurements; review and manage all changes to the requirements through a formally defined scope change process.
* Works with all levels of management in an effective, proactive, manner. Communicating frequently to provide project status, including project health, issues, risks, and impacts on the schedule including scope change.
* Measures and monitors progress at clearly defined points to ensure that the project is delivered on time, within budget, and that it meets or exceeds expectations; balancing scope, schedule, budget, quality, and risks.
* Proactively develops and enhances PMO methodology.
* Anticipates and meets, or exceeds, internal and/or external customer expectations and requirements; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers.
* Ability to work and thrive in a dynamic environment.
* Performs a leadership role by coaching Project Managers as they move towards a Sr. Project Manager role.
* High School diploma or equivalent required
* Five years of project management experience required
* Five years of experience in project management may be substituted for Bachelor's degree
* PMP (Project Management Professional) certification from the Project Management Institute preferred
* Project/Program experience with healthcare technology preferred
* Proficiency in Microsoft products: Project, Office and Visio
*** If selected to move forward in the hiring process, you will receive an email invitation to schedule your interview for this position. Please continue to check your email after you have submitted your complete application online.
To check the status of your application, please login to the Careers page and select the Application History tab ***
The University of Kansas Medical Center is committed to providing an equal opportunity for all qualified individuals to be considered for employment, benefits and conditions of employment, and to participate in or benefit from education programs and activities, regardless of race, religion, color, ethnicity, sex, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, status as a veteran, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, gender identity, gender expression, or genetic information. A university community that provides equal opportunity for all will make significant strides towards the elimination of discrimination.
It is the mission of the Equal Opportunity Office to create a community of equality and inclusiveness that provides full and fair opportunities for all persons and to foster an intellectually and culturally diverse environment of learning and leadership where all individuals are valued, respected, and unhindered in their pursuit of excellence in their work and education.