This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
Compact Power Equipment, Inc. is a fast-growing, innovative leader in the rental and service of commercial and light construction equipment. We work hard at preserving our unique culture through a shared commitment to our core values of Integrity, Professionalism, Results, Teamwork, Hustle, Service and Fun.
Compact Power Equipment Rental - We operate in over 1000 locations of The Home Depot across the US and Canada, offering large towable equipment rental and on-site equipment delivery. The Compact Power fleet includes trenchers, chippers, mini-excavators, skid steers, aerial equipment, and tractor loader backhoes among others. With a large team of highly trained technicians, operators, and VIP customer care associates throughout the United States and Canada, Compact Power Equipment Rental is a technology focused leader in the equipment rental industry.
This position will be responsible for all aspects of the parts and service support team functions; including reporting, project coordination, data analyzing, service call administration, inventory control, and technical support/training. As a member of the Parts and Service Support Team you will responsible for maintaining a strong and professional relationship with our internal Personnel as well as OEM Manufacturers/Vendors, always mindful of and representing our core values.
* Produce and distribute re-occurring departmental reports and data to the proper recipients.
* Help conduct quality assurance and issue trend reporting, analyzing, and data mining.
* Champion Special Project Management within the department.
* Project coordinator and liaison between internal depts. such as IT/Fleet/VIP, etc.
* Aid in the implementation of technology and new software/SOPs to gain efficiency in the department/organization.
* Assist in service call administration (opening, closing, modifying, invoicing, posting, auditing).
* Assist in Warranty Department projects as needed.
* Conduct monthly service call audits to ensure proper technician summaries and/or write-ups.
* Assist in Parts Department operations such as document library maintenance.
* Work alongside Parts Dept. and Field Sites to ensure proper inventory control (counts, returns, etc.).
* Understand our BHAG and assist in achieving it through our 5 step process.
* Contribute to the creation of internal service publications and procedure check list as required.
* Proactively identify internal and customer training requirements and solutions.
* Assist in product knowledge events for our VIP Call Center.
* Help organize OEM sponsored training events for internal field (service/maintenance) and support staff (parts/office) that reinforces company safety standards and equipment operational standards.
* Contribute to the management of our internal technician forum intranet page.
* Participate in scheduled meetings with OEMs on issues, open cases and challenges.
* Help develop and create department presentations and meeting agendas/details.
* Assist with new equipment test projects, both hands on and documentation.
* Interact with Accounting (AR/AP/Audit) when needed for special projects and inquiries.
* Work with our National Safety Manager if assistance and input is required.
* Other responsibilities as directed by Manager and/or Senior Leadership Team.
* Travel 5% to off-site Compact Power facilities, OEM's and THD locations within the U.S. and Canadian regions.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
* Working knowledge of a service and parts department on a broad scale.
* Knowledge of Construction, Aerial and Outdoor Power Equipment contained in our fleet mix.
* Compact and medium duty Tier 4 Diesel and small gasoline engine knowledge.
* Extensive experience using parts, service and operator manuals.
* Experienced in using multiple manufacturers portals for technical publications, parts, and warranty duties.
* Ability to learn, use and navigate multiple internal operating systems (GP, CRM, GPS, FieldOne, CFM, etc.)
* Problem solving ability, including efficiency in determining solutions and communicating through proper channels to achieve optimal results.
* Demonstrated experience in implementing best practices when transferring service and industry knowledge.
* Experience conducting product knowledge training, including communicating effectively to both technical and non-technical audiences.
* Excellent communication skills, including: influencing, presenting technical information to audiences, reporting, and relationship building skills in internal and external environments.
* Ability to create Power Point presentations, PDF and Word documents.
* Microsoft Office proficiency with intermediate Excel skills
* Strong written and verbal communication skills.
* Demonstrated leadership skills to effect change.
* Ability to travel within the U.S. and Canadian region.
* Ability to operate our equipment and potentially work at heights for training.
* Maintain and properly use Company IT equipment and company provided credit card and Concur expense management report.
* Valid driver's license.
* Minimum 3 years' experience in construction/outdoor power equipment, automotive or related dealership/rental organization environment.
* Basic technical experience with equipment, including knowledge of engines, hydraulics, electrical and mechanical components.
* Minimum 1 years' experience conducting equipment utilization, technical and safety training.
* Experience designing and planning training and learning experiences for field based staff.
* Associate's degree or equivalent experience
WORKING CONDITIONS/FIT FOR DUTY/ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Working conditions include sitting or standing for extended time periods, repetitive movements of hands, arms and wrists in front of a computer monitor continuously. Must complete a drug screen and the Essential Job Functions Form prior to working.