- This company is committed to hiring veterans.
PT Security Officers - HIRING EVENT
PT SECURITY OFFICERS - HIRING EVENT
AlliedUniversal is the largest retail security provider and the largest private security organization in the U.S. We proudly support the Veteran Jobs Mission, a group of over 200 companies that have committed to collectively hiring a total of one million military veterans. We attribute our growth and success to our exceptional employees. If you like being part of a winning team and providing exceptional customer service, we may have an opportunity for you!
We are currently looking for Part Time Weekend Security Officers for the Towson Town Center in Towson, MD. The starting salary for these positions is $11.84 Hourly. These positions are Friday and Saturday nights.
Interest in these positions should be directed to the Towson Town Center Mall, located at 825 Dulaney Valley Road, Towson, MD 21204. Candidates should report to the Security Office located on the 1st Floor, Center Court. The office can be reached at (410) 583-6690
The successful Retail Security Officer candidate is responsible for providing security services at assigned locations. Duties include, but are not limited to:
* Foot, bike or golf cart patrol of interior and exterior areas of assigned locations
* Execute security services as outlined in site-specific Post orders and directed by Security Management
* Observe and report suspicious activities and persons
* Write detailed narrative reports and maintain daily activity reports (DARs)
* Enforce rules, regulations, policies, procedures, and respond to emergency situations requiring security assistance
Qualified applicants for the Security Officer position will meet the minimum requirements, as described below:
* High school diploma or equivalent required.
* Be at least 18 years of age.
* Must be able to obtain a valid Guard License as required in the state for which you are applying.
* As a condition of employment, employee must successfully complete a background investigation and a post-offer/pre-employment drug/alcohol test.
* As a condition of continued employment, employee must maintain current active status of all required License at all times, and must carry the license at all times while on duty.
* Must display exceptional customer service and communication skills.
* Intermediate computer skills to utilize innovative, wireless technology at client specific sites.
Essential Physical and Mental Functions
* Stand or walk constantly (for up to an entire shift) on various surfaces (tile, concrete, carpet)
* Climb stairs, ramps, or ladders occasionally during shift
* Occasionally bend/twist at waist/knees/neck to perform various duties
* Occasionally lift or carry up to 40 pounds
* Run as needed
* Constant use of both hands and arms in reaching/handling/grasping/fingering while using phone, notepad, writing reports, and other administrative tasks
* Constant use of eyes (correctable vision to normal level required) to observe, read, interact with public and co-workers, view security monitors; includes hand/eye coordination
* Read, understand and clearly speak English; constantly use speech and hearing (correctable to normal level required) in communicating with public/co-workers, giving and receiving instructions, using phones
* Work in various environments including adverse outdoor conditions such as cold, rain or heat;
* Constant mental alertness and attention to detail required while setting priorities and following up on assignments
* Must possess effective written and oral communication and interpersonal skills with ability to deal with all levels of personnel and the general public in a professional and effective manner; must be able to use initiative and independent judgment within established guidelines
* Must be able to frequently prepare written reports and logs in neat, legible handwriting; may require computer skills
* Must be able to read and understand all operating procedures and instructions
* Must be able to handle pressure of working with high volume general public (constantly to occasionally depending on assignment)
Universal Protection Service is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.
Northeast - Allied Universal Security
Post Internal Days