PT Security Operations Center Operator w/Active DoD Clearance
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 11/5/2016
AlliedBarton Security Services
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB:
Security operations center (SOC) officers are very important to the safety and security of our clients facilitates. Our SOC officers allow us to accomplish our company s core purpose, which is To serve and secure the people and businesses of our community . They are responsible for the safety and security of the facilities they protect.
The SOC Operator will be a key contributor to the security operations team in the event of a crisis situation that would threaten the safe and secure business operations. This could include, but is not limited to: natural disasters, workplace violence, facility emergencies, fire and issues of serious injury or illness.
SOC Officers perform many tasks throughout their shifts; these tasks may include answering phones, monitoring closed circuit television systems, alarms and other very important facility systems and interacting with our client s facilities managers.
These positions require heavy use of computer operating systems, such as Microsoft and other operating systems.
SOC officers may be asked to perform many essential functions at the facility they work at, although not an exhaustive list, these are a few of them:
* SOC Officers ensure the facility is provided with high quality security services to protect people and property.
* Communicate effectively with the security and safety teams at the facility to assure business continuity.
* Build, improve and maintain effective relationships with both client employees and guests.
* Answering phones, greeting guests and employees
* Monitoring closed circuit television systems and alarms.
* Monitor and operate facility computers systems regularly, as assigned
* Answers questions and assists guests and employees.
* Remains flexible to ever changing environment; adapts well to different situations.
* SOC Officers report safety concerns, security breaches and unusual circumstances both verbally and in writing.
* Handle security issues or emergency situations appropriately. Contact Emergency Services, such as EMT, Fire Dept., etc.
* Fully embrace security/safety training programs to enhance their ability to advance in their careers.
* Participate in industry specific security/safety training programs to offer our clients the best trained officers at their sites.
* Be aware of and familiar with the site-specific operations performance manual and post orders.
* You may be required to take additional certification training, such as becoming certified in MS Products such as Word, Excel, PPT, etc.
* The SOC Operator will be responsible for the effective and efficient processing of all information relevant to the security operations business. This will include, but is not limited to: effective distribution of all phone calls received, effective distribution of all information received via electronic means (email, intranet, automated service requests, etc.), allocation and assignment of information to the appropriate department or individual and effective documentation of information received and processed.
* Previous contract security, military or law enforcement experience is beneficial
* Outstanding interpersonal and communications skills required.
* A minimum of 1 year of experience in a supervisory role, supervising the performance of team members in a high demand, customer service environment.
* A minimum of 2 years of experience in a security operations center and have proven skills in a security operations center environment.
* Must possess strong computer skills and demonstrate the ability to effectively operate and manage security tools and processes. Systems include, but are not limited to: security access control, CCTV & alarm systems, email, intranet systems and complex communication device systems.
* Must possess strong communication skills in both the written and verbal format, in all delivery formats (i.e. in person, via telephone, via radio, etc.).
* Ability to work in a team-oriented environment with the ability to work independently.
* Must be at least 18 years of age or older as required by applicable law or contractual requirements.
* Must have a high school diploma or GED, or at least 5 years of verifiable employment history.
* Successful completion of AlliedBarton s Master Security Officers Basic (Level 1) Course.
* Ability to maintain satisfactory attendance and punctuality standard.
* Neat and professional appearance.
* Friendly and professional demeanor.
* Ability to providing quality customer service.
* Ability to handle typical and crisis situations efficiently and effectively at client site.
AlliedBarton Security Services is the industry s premier provider of security personnel to many industries including commercial real estate, higher education, healthcare, chemical/petrochemical, government, manufacturing and distribution, financial institutions, shopping centers and residential communities. More than 60,000 employees and 120 offices serve thousands of clients with levels of protection that anticipate needs and build enduring relationships. AlliedBarton is known as the most responsive security services provider and it is our people that differentiates AlliedBarton. Recognized as a training leader, AlliedBarton offers on-the-job, web-based and ongoing training programs for all personnel from security officers through executive level management. Our focus on learning and development and our leadership culture help our employees grow personally and professionally.
Dare to be GREAT! Be daring, be GREAT, be one of us! For additional information, please visit our website at http://jobs.alliedbarton.com/.
AlliedBarton is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Veteran.