PTAN - Elevator Inspector - Beaumont, TX 8/20/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY A WORLD LEADER IN TESTING, INSPECTION & CERTIFICATION SERVICES
Bureau Veritas offers dynamic, exciting employment opportunities with an attractive salary/benefit package and an opportunity to play a vital role with a global organization. If you would enjoy working in a dynamic environment and are looking for an opportunity to become part of a stellar team of professionals, we invite you to apply online today.
Bureau Veritas is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, sexual orientation, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other non-job-related characteristics.
This position is responsible to ensure equal opportunity in employment in that all persons are treated equally and on the basis of merit, in decisions regarding selection, placement, promotions, training, work assignments, transfers and other personnel actions.
* Follow all safety policies as required by NEIS
* Detect possible defects and faults in equipment installations or operation and recommend or stipulate appropriate remedial measures
* Accurately read and comprehend construction plans
* Objectively interpret and consistently apply code requirements and related standards in accordance with department policies
* Learn job-related material primarily through oral instruction and observation which takes place mainly in an on-the-job training setting
* Work cooperatively with the general public
* Measure distance using a tape measure
* Use graphic instructions such as blueprints, schematic drawings and layouts
* Comprehend and make inferences from written materials and code documents
* The methods and practices involved in installing, repairing and maintaining a variety of electric and hydraulic elevators, escalators, moving walks and lifts
* Fundamental mechanical and electrical principles as they apply to elevators and similar controls
* Stages of construction when possible violations and defects may most easily be observed and corrected
* The Rules of the American National Standard Safety Code for Elevators, Dumbwaiters, Escalators and Moving Walks as referenced and amended in the Construction Code, as well as A17.2 Inspectors Manual.
* Certified Q.E.I. inspector with current license
* If not QEI certified at time of hire, the candidate must be eligible to sit for the QEI test and become certified within 30 days of employment with NEIS.
* Eligibility requirements to sit for test:
Four (4) years verifiable documented education and experience in the mechanical and/or electrical aspects in the elevator industry and is a person deemed to meet the A17.1 Code definition of elevator personnel and has at least one year s experience performing inspections and performing or witnessing tests as specified in A17.1 Sections 8.10 or 8.11 and A18.1. This year may be concurrent with the 4 years experience.
Two years of college courses in an elevator industry related engineering field (Documentation of education is required.) AND at least one year s verifiable experience performing inspections and performing or witnessing tests as specified in A17.1 Sections 8.10 or 8.11 and A18.1.
Meet the definition of elevator personnel ** and have documented training AND at least one year s verifiable experience performing inspections and performing or witnessing tests as specified in A17.1 and A18.1 as one of the following:
* an Elevator Inspector performing inspections for an enforcing authority, or
* an Elevator Inspector trainee working under the direct supervision of an Elevator Inspector performing inspections for an enforcing authority, or
* an Elevator Inspector performing inspections and licensed by or under the jurisdiction of an enforcing authority, or
* an Elevator Inspector trainee licensed by or working under the direct supervision of a licensed Elevator Inspector performing inspections and working under the jurisdiction of an enforcing authority.
Required Continuing Education:
QEI certification can be maintained by licensed inspector by attending one or more functions through NAESA, QEITF or other recognized training programs (usually a 16 hour class) annually.
* Practice safe working methods at all times
* Work safely without presenting a direct threat to self or others
* Walk, bend or stoop repeatedly or continually and work in small areas
* Lift arms above shoulder level while measuring or performing inspections
* Ascend and descend ladders or stairs and work at heights greater than 10 feet
* Use standard testing devices and methods to detect possible defects in equipment or installations
* Ride on top of elevator cars to perform shaft way and equipment inspections
If you are an individual with a disability and you would like us to assist you with searching the Careers Page site for employment opportunities and/or assistance with completing your profile and application, please contact us at 1-888-357-7020 or email us with your request to USinfor@us.bureauveritas.com We are happy to assist you and encourage you to consider Bureau Veritas for your next great career opportunity!
If you would like additional information regarding Bureau Veritas' federal obligations in regards to equal employment opportunity, please click the link below: