PUC Senior Project Manager / Client Development Lead - Transmission Line Siting & Permitting
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 12/29/2016
Arcadis U.S. Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
Arcadis is seeking a Senior Project Manager / Client Development Lead - Transmission Line Siting and Permitting for the Midwest region to be based in Minneapolis, MN or similar. The successful candidate will join our Environmental Planning team.
This strategic opportunity has the potential to establish an electric transmission energy practice in Minnesota, Wisconsin, and surrounding states by establishing and growing a client base and acquiring staff to support this growth initiative. This strategic opportunity is for a proven Senior Project Manager/Client Development Lead.
* Scoping, execution and management of permitting and regulatory compliance projects associated with the siting, construction, and operation of electric transmission and other power facilities, including renewable energy facilities, oil and natural gas transmission, and storage and distribution facilities. These projects are often fast-paced, multi-faceted, and geographically diverse.
* Lead the acquisition of new clients and projects, lead business development initiatives and prepare winning proposals
* Identify potential projects, contact and schedule meetings with clients, attend ERCOT planning meetings, conduct and/or direct routing and siting studies, environmental impact assessments including biological and cultural resource surveys.
* Establish relationship with clients and project teams.
* Managing staff, projecting workloads and scheduling work.
* Ability to see big picture, understanding of company goals and ability to provide leadership for the successful implementation of same goals. Willing to challenge one s own ideas.
* Project work may be anywhere in the U.S., but an emphasis will be projects in the upper Midwest.
* Minimum years of experience: 10-15+ years of professional experience.
* Education required: B.S. or M.S. in a related field (i.e., planning, landscape architecture, engineering, biology, environmental studies, or a closely related discipline).
* Experience with electric transmission, power generation and/or natural gas transmission siting and permitting experience, with prior project management of fossil-fired energy infrastructures facility permitting projects.
* Experience with environmental processes, including NEPA, Siting Boards, FERC, BLM, USFWS, COE, RUS, required, as well as experience with federal, state and local regulators.
* Ability to manage the permitting of complex linear and other energy projects, have strong critical thinking capabilities, and flexible approach to problem solving, excellent interpersonal communication (oral and written), planning, and organizational skills; and attention to detail.
* Working knowledge or understanding of system planning and engineering aspects of energy facilities, and excellent client and public communication skills.
Background/Drug Screen Statementcolor
Arcadis conducts background checks on all final candidates for employment. Certain jobs will also require a clean driving record, education verification & certification verification.
Required Driving Statementcolor
This position requires a current valid driver s license and clean driving record.
* Education preferred: M.S. in a related field (i.e., planning, landscape architecture, engineering, biology, environmental studies, or a closely related discipline).
Planning and Permitting
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
What country will this position be in*
Apply to job Send to friend Save to cart View similar jobs
ARCADIS is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.