- This company is committed to hiring veterans.
Package Design Engineer
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
Director of R&D
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
English | Spanish
Bemis Company creates exceptional packaging for food, consumer product, healthcare, and industrial applications. We work collaboratively with forward-thinking companies to find better ways to succeed. Our strategic objectives are to accelerate growth, focus innovation, and continuously improve, all aimed at improving financial performance toward our long-term targets. Our Vision is: passionate commitment to the growth and success of our customers will make Bemis the clear choice for inspired packaging solutions.
Founded in 1858, Bemis reported 2015 net sales of $4.1 billion. Bemis has a strong technical base in polymer chemistry, film extrusion, coating and laminating, printing, and converting. Headquartered in Neenah, Wisconsin, Bemis employs approximately 17,000 individuals worldwide
More information about the Company is available at our website, www.bemis.com.
Package Design Engineer
This position is to capture insights, create concepts and develop solutions for new package designs that build the innovation pipeline
WHAT YOU GET TO DO
* Look proactively across multiple channels and resources to capture insights that ultimately lead to new package design concepts.
* Translate concepts into developing design solutions that translate into new packaging formats.
* Identify where new formats align to business growth targets and market segment teams in order to leverage resources effectively in the commercialization process.
* Focus on delivering a total package design concept in order to identify and build CTQs required for each concept/project and understand commercial team insights in defining scope and requirements.
* Work individually and with Packaging Design Teams to determine and develop overall concepts and packaging specifications to meet customer and/or market needs.
* Partner with rapid prototype team to create mock ups of new concepts and ideas.
* Work on packaging projects from concept to production may include sourcing of materials
* Understand end market circumstances in driving point of sale conversion.
* Understand DOE, statistical analysis, and experimental design in order to best effect innovation processes.
* Lead candid and thorough risk-assessment reviews.
* Lead consumer and market insight development and testing needed for a project.
* Proactively identify and resolve design, development and operating challenges in developing new formats.
* Follow intellectual property processes and protocols in creating IP and filing patent applications.
* Contribute to, prepare, present and follow-up on research proposals and project documentation
WHAT WE VALUE
* Continuously feeding the innovation pipeline driven by consumer and/or customer interests and targeting market gaps.
* Continuously developing and sustaining relationships aligned to developing new solutions.
* Relentless inquisitive and curious mindset aligned with collaboratively fostering innovation and being an idea generator and integrator.
* Results Orientation - the ability to carry concepts to completion of a transition into the business.
* Risk Taking with appropriate Risk Management capabilities
* Analytical Thinking and Decision Making
* Collaboration and Influence with the ability to translate technical terminology to all audiences
* Technical Expertise
WHAT WE WANT FROM YOU
* Bachelor s required with a preference in Packaging or Mechanical Engineering or Technical Design
* 3-5+ years of demonstrated success.
* Demonstrated project management success with an understanding of experimental and analytical research processes and interpretations.
* Ability to act as a group leader on specialized projects
* The ability to translate drawings/sketches into computer applications for developing design concepts (AutoCAD, Solid-works, etc.) would be helpful but is not fully required.
* Travel percentage: up to 25%
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Disability and Vet Employer