This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 11/10/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAs a Packaging Engineer for Milwaukee Electric Tool your primary duties will be to develop new packaging and review existing packaging designs, while taking cost and labor impact into consideration. Additional duties will also include leading and assisting in rapid resolution of related production packaging issues.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Work cooperatively with the Product & Brand Marketing to create packaging and merchandising.
* Facilitate project flow involving regular contact with manufacturing, engineering and other cross-functional staff members.
* Assist in resolving packaging related issues from Customer Service, Cell Personnel, or other departments.
* Manage multiple projects simultaneously, ensuring adherence to timelines. Provide technical assistance and consultation to all areas of Manufacturing, Purchasing, Engineering, Sales, Quality, and Product Service, as it relates to packaging.
* Lead initiatives & projects, including presentations to executive management.
* Work to develop packaging alternatives that help support cost reduction initiatives for the packaging function.
* Develop and maintain familiarity and understanding of cellular manufacturing and its operations.
* Regularly visit manufacturing cells/suppliers to maintain open lines of communication and provide troubleshooting analysis, as required.
* Document and perform transit testing to ensure the package will provide protection from logistical hazards from initial product assembly through its shipping cycle and received by the end consumer.
* Periodic follow-up testing for re-validation and analysis, as required.
* Develop & maintain global awareness of competitor product offerings and emerging design technologies in the packaging industry.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements
* Bachelor's Degree in Packaging Engineering or an educational equivalent, such as an Mechanical Engineering with demonstrated packaging development experience.
* Two to three years related experience in packaging development.
* Knowledge of packaging materials but not limited to: corrugated; paperboard; plastics ( thermoform, injection, and blow molding), flexible films, labels, adhesives, fastening, and sealing technologies.
* Knowledge of manufacturing methods of packaging materials.
* Must be able to work collaboratively with Purchasing, Marketing, Customer Service, Sales, Production Cells, Quality Engineering and Engineering departments to execute projects from concept to closure.
* Strong organizational and communication skills are required.