Packaging Engineer Co-Op
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 1/3/2017
Campbell Soup Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONIMAGINE...working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
We are currently seeking students for a six month co-op position within our Research and Development: Global Packaging department at our World Headquarters location in Camden, New Jersey, located just outside of Center City Philadelphia.
Campbell's Co-op Program provides students with an opportunity to contribute to activities within Soup, Sauce, Beverage, and North American Food Service. Students may work on brands including Swanson Broth, Campbell's Condensed and Ready-to-Serve Soups, Wolfgang Puck, Pace Salsa, Prego Italian Sauce and V8 Beverages encompassing a variety of packaging formats. Students will be part of a team, and will work alongside other experienced professionals on critical project initiatives.
Here is your chance to gain hands-on experience at a Fortune 500 company without getting lost in the shuffle. Embark on our 6 month long co-op program where you will become a full member of our team. Gain hands-on experience working closely with your chosen department on meaningful projects. At Campbell's we are seeking full-time undergraduate students pursuing degrees in a variety of fields for our co-op program. Our co-ops possess a strong academic background and are eager to learn.
Here you will have the opportunity to own a project and see it through start to finish (and present your results). A co-op at Campbell has lasting influence.
Our program allows co-ops to fully embrace their career path and the city around them. Not only will you be working on meaningful projects, you will also be gaining meaningful experiences and insider knowledge. Here at Campbell, co-ops have access to variety of resources and a supportive work environment.
We can help you grow and develop not only as a student and professional but also as a person through:
* Professional Development Workshops
* Involvement in the Local Community
* Building a Lifelong Network
* Assist with the development of new package components, including specifications.
* Participate in and lead Packaging trials at manufacturing facilities as needed.
* Effectively collaborate with cross-functional team members and outside suppliers.
* Present results to the R&D organization upon completion of the six month term.
The Co-op session will be from July 2017 - December 2017.
* Candidates must be full-time undergraduate students, enrolled in Packaging or related program, and will be returning to school after the completion of the co-op term.
* Candidates must have completed at least one semester of core classes and/or fulfilled School requirements for Co-op eligibility.
* 3.0 GPA or higher preferred.
* Candidates must in good academic standing with their college or university.
* Candidates must demonstrate an ability to learn quickly and to be able to work well independently, in a team environment and on multiple projects.
* Physical ability to handle weight of approximately twenty-five pounds.
* Must be authorized to work in the US without sponsorship or assistance from the company.
THE COMPANY IS COMMITTED TO PROVIDING EQUAL OPPORTUNITY FOR EMPLOYEES AND APPLICANTS IN ALL ASPECTS OF THE EMPLOYMENT RELATIONSHIP, WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, SEX, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, NATIONAL ORIGIN, CITIZENSHIP, MARITAL STATUS, VETERAN STATUS, DISABILITY, AGE, RELIGION OR ANY OTHER CLASSIFICATION PROTECTED BY LAW.
IN THAT REGARD, U.S. APPLICANTS AND EMPLOYEES ARE PROTECTED FROM DISCRIMINATION BASED ON CERTAIN CATEGORIES PROTECTED BY FEDERAL LAW. CLICK HERE FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION.