This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 11/4/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONCompany Overview
Calling the adventurers ready to join a company that's pushing the limits of nanotechnology to keep the digital revolution rolling. At KLA-Tencor, we're making technology advancements that are bigger and tinier than the world has ever seen.
Who are we* We research, develop, and manufacture the world's most advanced inspection and measurement equipment for the semiconductor and nanoelectronics industries. We enable the digital age by pushing the boundaries of technology, creating tools capable of finding defects smaller than a wavelength of visible light. We create smarter processes so that technology leaders can manufacture high-performance chips the kind in that phone in your pocket, the tablet on your desk and nearly every electronic device you own faster and better. We're passionate about creating solutions that drive progress and help people do what wouldn't be possible without us. The future is calling. Will you answer*
The Corporate Packaging Engineering Group at KLA-Tencor is critical to our products and to our customers. We are an award winning group who have end to end responsibilities for the design, prototyping, testing, and delivery of leading edge packaging solutions for our advanced product range.
* Candidate will work in a small core team and share the responsibilities for day- to-day operations of the packaging department.
* Create shipping container solutions based on analyzing engineering drawings, specifications and/or product samples to determine physical characteristics of item, and identify special handling and safety requirements.
* Receive broad goals and objectives from the Program Manager based on business and project needs. He/She must perform tasks with minimal direction and supervision and employ basic project management practices to specific time-related deliverables.
* Advise internal customers or suppliers on efficient packaging procedures, packaging materials, and utilization of protective packaging systems.
* BS in Packaging Engineering
* Knowledge of electronics packaging
* The candidate should have immediate knowledge of some, or all,of the following:
* Demonstrated or detailed knowledge of packaging materials including paperboard, containerboard, plastic films, foam cushions, wood and lumber products, as well as their fabrication, conversion methodologies and application, cushion package design and the various types and characteristics of transportation/conveyance equipment, as well as typical application of equipment for product and packaging material handling and distribution.
* Proficient communication skills and the ability to present to our team and internal customers
* The ability to generate concepts, design, and develop structural packaging solutions
* Ability to manage project portfolio of multiple components and delivery dates
* 3D CAD software experience
* Ability to quickly convert ideas to testable prototypes with Kongsberg sample table
* Hands-on mechanical skills
* Works well in the collaborative environment is required
* Bachelor's Level Degree
Equal Employment Opportunity
KLA-Tencor is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Additional BenefitsTuition Reimbursement
Employee Stock Purchase Program
Employee Training and Development