Packaging Maintenance Supervisor
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 11/30/2016
The Boston Beer Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONBoston Beer Company was rated by Forbes as one of the best small companies to work for. We work hard and we play hard. Think you have what it takes?
We are currently looking for a PACKAGING MAINTENANCE SUPERVISOR in our CINCINNATI, OH BREWERY.
The Packaging Maintenance Supervisor will provide leadership and direction to the packaging maintenance department in a 24/7 union represented environment. Responsible for repair, maintenance, improvement and installation of machines, tools, and equipment in packaging operations. Drive for the elimination of mechanical causes of failure and ensure full useful life of assets in coordination with daily maintenance completed by maintenance team. This position reports to the Engineering & Maintenance Manager.
WHAT YOULL DO:
* Must be able to manage in a team oriented and Safety First environment. Assures all employees are fully trained and continually monitors employees to verify that all safety policies and procedures are in compliance.
* Help ensure No bad beer leaves the brewery.
* Support a 24/7 maintenance operation.
* Schedule maintenance staffing based on production support and maintenance workload.
* Responsible for practical and economical scheduling of overtime work.
* Review maintenance crew schedule and status of work to ensure completion of daily and weekly work assignments
* On floor direction of maintenance associates in their roles and responsibilities to meet brewery performance objectives.
* Execution of all running and downtime work, preventative, predictive, breakdown and corrective
* Manage and prioritize work requests within area of responsibility to maintain asset base with available resources and machine availability.
* Identify and implements process enhancements to improve line efficiencies as well as package and flavor changeover efficiencies
* Track maintenance efficiency and effectiveness through use of key performance indicators
* Design and implement, through subordinate input, preventative maintenance programs to help ensure that all machinery remains in good operating condition
* Responsible for reviewing and filing weekly PM reports and maintaining work order system
* Oversees and directs Contractors while on site.
* Ability to be flexible and shift priorities in a constantly changing, fast-paced work environment.
* Review daily plant downtime reports as a tool for directing the maintenance team where to concentrate their efforts
* Reviews production, quality control, and maintenance reports and statistics to plan and modify maintenance activities
* Creates and manages the maintenance and stores budgets within budgetary guidelines
* Responsible for first pass approval of all purchase order requests from mechanics
* Responsible for record-keeping and reporting for maintenance shop
* Adhere to good manufacturing practices (GMP)
* Recruit, hire, supervise and review performance of direct reports and develop staff professionally and technically to meet goals
* Evaluate and recommend to senior plant management ideas, concepts and equipment or efficiency improvements
* Responsible for submission of departmental training programs and partnership effort in implementation of these programs with appropriate departments
* Inspects operating machines and equipment for conformance with operational standards
* Stays informed of new manufacturing technology and equipment, and investigates their potential applications. Recommends incorporation of new technology for company applications where feasible and practical
* Capable of efficiently integrating existing methods with new innovations to economically solve production problems in a timely manner
* Other duties as assigned
WHAT WERE LOOKING FOR:
* Bachelors Degree in Engineering, Industrial Management, Manufacturing, Production Operations Management or equivalent field or study required
* 5 years of experience in maintenance supervision
* Experience with a computer-based preventative maintenance program
* Familiar with high volume automated packaging equipment
* Knowledge of machine shop, welding fabrication, hydraulics, pneumatics & troubleshooting
* Knowledgeable in mechanical principles, machining practices, the properties of metals, and the application of mathematics and dimensions to production machinery and tooling
* Demonstrated initiative and ability to work effectively with little direction and/or few guidelines
* Able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
* Working knowledge of computer systems and data processing
* Leadership of a union represented workforce a plus
* Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing / TPM principles desired
* Food/Beverage industry experience preferred
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand or walk for long periods of time, climb flights of stairs, and wear eye, hearing, and head protection.
* Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting, manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination.
* Occasionally work from elevated areas (ladders, platforms, and others as required).
* Tolerate summer/winter temperature conditions and hot and cold room environments.
A variety of benefits including extensive training programs, excellent healthcare, a discount stock purchase plan, a 401K program with a generous company match, and a competitive compensation package.
Boston Beer Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to help ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who wish to request accommodation in the job application process can contact 617.368.5854 or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.