This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 10/14/2016
DEAN FOODS COMPANY
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Description:
This 3rd or 1st shift Packaging Operator is responsible
for running and maintaining packaging department
equipment which includes labelers, scales, conveyors,
casers, stackers, coders and other related packaging
safely and efficiently in relation to material usage
documentation, product waste, sealing, coding and weight
* Order packaging material (paper, poly, cartons) from
storage as needed.
* Visually inspect boxes, cartons and other packaged
materials for printing defects.
* Ensure proper sizing of product containers.
* Load packaging material onto machines in a timely
manner to ensure no line stoppages.
* Observe operation of equipment and perform necessary
adjustments to ensure product specifications are met.
* Perform net weight control checks and make equipment
adjustments as needed.
* Communicate any changes in product flow, equipment
malfunctions, shortages or deviations from
specifications to Production Supervisor, maintenance or
other operators verbally and/or in writing.
* Inspect packaging, coding and seals to verify
conformance to specifications and performs necessary
adjustments to ensure compliance
* Ensure the proper packaging materials are used for
each product being produced.
* Will have working knowledge and experience with
wrapper operations; watching for jams and effectively
threading wrap to prevent cost downtime due to handler
* Ensure machine is supplied with correct material
needed to run and complete log books as required.
* Prepare equipment for next run to include size changes
* Ensure all paperwork is filled out in a clear, legible
and accurate format, and completed with required
* Ensure all required information is documented in
accordance with SOP s.
* Analyze process data and equipment performance data to
improve quality, throughput, and troubleshoot.
* Utilizing continuous improvement mindset, assist in
identifying opportunities to improve processes.
* Follow Good Manufacturing Practices.
* Maintain a clean, sanitary and safe work area.
* Follow all required work safe practices. This would
include wearing of all required PPE in designated areas,
confined space safety, safe chemical handling, fall
* Responsible for food safety, pre-requisite programs
and food quality related to designated area.
* Report any food safety and food quality related issues
to management immediately.
* Perform other duties as assigned
* High School Diploma or GED preferred; or one to two
years related experience and/or training; or, equivalent
combination of education and experience
* Able to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all
units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions
* Experience within the food and beverage industry
* Must be able to stand, walk, kneel and bend for
virtually the entire shift.
* Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally
* Must be able to work in a wet environment. Some
exposure to cleaning chemicals. [Delete if not Ice cream
plant: For ice cream plants: Exposure to allergens.]
* Must be willing to work flexible hours including
overtime, weekends and holidays.
* Be able to effectively work in a team environment.
* Effective verbal and written communication skills.
* Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
* Must be able to pass all pre-employment screens
(including drug, background and criminal checks).
Dean Foods Company is an Equal Opportunity employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
age, national origin, disability, protected veteran
status, or any other category protected under federal,
state, or local laws.