Packaging Operator 1 (3rd Shift)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 11/4/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY MilliporeSigma is the North American life science brand of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany a leading science and technology company. It offers a broad range of innovative products and services to biotech and pharmaceutical drug therapies businesses. Through dedicated collaboration with the scientific and engineering communities, and as one of the top three R&D investors in the life science tools industry, the brand serves as a strategic partner to customers and helps advance the promise of life science.
This is a 3rd Shift role. Hours are 10:00 pm to 6:30 am, Sunday thru Thursday.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
To manually and semi-automatically portion chemicals into containers using safety equipment and following protocols.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
* Weigh hazardous and non-hazardous chemicals using precision equipment into specific containers. Verify hood and safety equipment function, obtain process order, scan onto computer system, verify electronic balance is calibrated
* Verify match of process order and bulk container lot numbers
* Obtain correct type and quantity of containers for process order
* Operate powered pallet and drum movers.
* Count weighed bottles and determine if quantity matches process order requirements
* Pulls samples for customers and/or quality control as required
* Complete paperwork including tray tags, process orders, and computer PKRV scan
* Document process order for specific required data, inclusive of weighing accountability to assure the accuracy of the weighed material using Good Documentation Practices (GDP)
* Fill out data for tray taqs and affix to each tray or case of filled bottles
* Complete production logs
* Maintain equipment, tools, and facilities in safe, clean environment
* Assemble, disassemble semiautomatic powder or liquid dispensing equipment and replace worn or disposable parts as necessary
* Clean semi-automatic dispensing equipment according to manufacturer recommendations and chemical safety protocols
* Clean tools and utensils with appropriate material in hood according to chemical safety protocols
* Clean hood/work station according to method and protocol for specific chemical weighed
* Document cleaning of area/equipment/hood on cleaning log when applicable
* Assemble, test, maintain, and use appropriate safety equipment
* Prepare respiratory protection (check air helmet hoses for leaks, etc., assemble white air helmet)
* Prepare and don Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as appropriate for weighing protocol.
* Clean and maintain reusable safety equipment for next use
* Facilitate packaging operations by providing support for weighers and moving material within the department.
* Procures bulk and package components for weighers
* Applies closure and cleans exterior container surface
* Moves materials in departmentLabel and overpack bottles of chemicals
* Verify and complete required paperwork and documentation
* Set up, operate, and troubleshoot all automated labeling, sealing, and bagging equipment
* Document all processes on the packaging request. Document all damaged labels. Initial all appropriate processes (data sheets, poly bags, etc.)
* Shares ideas for improvement including common sense ways to save money
* Participates in testing and implementation of changes
* Maintain, clean and keep safe all work areas and equipment following 5S standards
* Take necessary steps to assure we provide our customers with the highest quality product possible
* Immediately report any situation that could compromise safety or quality
* Miscellaneous duties and tasks as assigned
* Exemplary attendance and adherence to schedule
* Actively particpate in a proactive safety culture; identifying hazards, making suggestions for improvement, coaching coworkers on safety, and working incident free.
HS Diploma or equivalent
Desirable: High school course work in chemistry or 6 months chemistry related work experience.
Knowledge and Skills: Read instructions and understand oral and written instructions. Basic math skills including the metric system. Learn SOP's/UOP's, cleaning protocols, work and conduct rules. Learn to use safety equipment. Learn to use semi-automated equipment. Eye-hand coordination. Small/large tool dexterity. Legible handwriting, teamwork, communication skills. Ability to move 50 lbs. Problem solving.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.