- This company is committed to hiring veterans.
Packaging / Processing System Engineer - Hannibal, MO
Food. Purpose. You.
We serve the world by making food people love. As one of the world's leading food companies, General Mills believes that food should make us better. Food brings us joy and nourishes our lives, connecting us to each other and the earth. General Mills operates in more than 100 countries and markets more than 100 consumer brands, including Cheerios, Häagen-Dazs, Nature Valley, Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, Green Giant, Old El Paso, Yoplait and more. Headquartered in Minneapolis, General Mills had global net sales of US$17.6 billion during fiscal 2015.
We seek out the best talent, then give them development resources, support and the chance to lead something big. Choosing a career with General Mills means joining a company where you can make a difference in the lives of millions of people. There is tremendous opportunity here for individuals who want to advance food through innovation and serve the world.
Engineers at General Mills turn ideas into solutions that help enable business growth while also protecting our consumers, employees and the environment. We work across the entire technical community to commercialize state-of-the-art manufacturing technologies that can improve capacity, leverage automation, and optimize existing assets.
General Mills is seeking a Packaging/Processing System Engineer in Hannibal, MO to be a primary technical resource for packaging manufacturing system. Identify, lead, develop, and execute solutions for quality and performance improvements on these production systems.
In this role you will:
* Demonstrate technical and business expertise on systems/products/technologies you are responsible for improving.
* Demonstrate strong troubleshooting skills through the use of continuous improvement techniques (Lean, TPM, Kaizen, Six Sigma). Show thorough understanding of the interactions between machine, materials, methods, environment, and people to provide robust operating systems.
* Develop/maintain material balances and unit operation capability information to ensure optimal production rates, parameters, and formulas.
* Provide key technical support in capital projects and new product and packaging material testing/start-ups.
* Conduct capacity studies, enhance system reliability, and identify/implement productivity improvements including new technologies. Develop/maintain strategic technical improvement plans for systems.
* Serve as a technical liaison for all levels of the company including production/maintenance employees, plant technical and management resources, corporate engineering and R&D organizations, and other plants.
* Develop/deliver technical training for various levels of the organization and serve as a divisional resource in cross-functional platform/technology/product teams.
* Additional duties as assigned.
* B.S. (or higher) in Engineering from ABET-accredited program, or in Packaging Science or related field.
* 5+ years of experience in packaging engineering, packaging development, quality engineering, or manufacturing.
* Recognized technical abilities and practical experience with strong capabilities in the following areas: Theory/functionality of manufacturing systems and unit operations; Continuous improvement techniques (Lean, TPM, Kaizen, Six Sigma); Food science/chemistry or packaging science; Statistics and analytical methods; Process measurement and control; Advanced computer skills; Mechanical aptitude; Troubleshooting; Ability to understand and apply general engineering principles
* Demonstrated skills in the following: Leadership; Influence management; Interpersonal skills; Problem solving; Teaching and training ability; Initiative