Packaging Samples Intern - Fall 2012
Fisher-Price - New York City, NY
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
As the most trusted name in quality toys, Fisher-Price has been helping to make childhood special for generations of kids. While we're still loved for our classics, our employees' talent, energy and ideas have helped us keep pace with the interests and needs of today's families by adding innovative learning toys, toys based on popular preschool characters, award-winning baby gear, and numerous licensed children's products to the list of Fisher-Price favorites.
We are currently seeking qualified intern candidates to participate in our paid 2012 Fall & Spring Internship Program within the Packaging Department.
The Packing Samples Intern will be responsible for the assembly of all package samples. This includes utilizing a Xyron machine to bond adhesive material to graphic print outs, cut graphic printouts to fit supplied package structure.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Mount graphics correctly on structures, fold, glue and assemble all package components into a 3-dimensonal package.
- Assemble foam core representations of product and place those correctly in 3D package samples.
- Locate graphics and structure files from various sources and locations.
- Organize and track requests to ensure graphics and structures are available to assemble.
- Maintain quality control standards for all samples produced.
- Utilize digital cutting table when necessary and provide disk files to cut package structure for planograms and sales sample assembly.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with people at all levels.
- Strong time management and organizational abilities with excellent follow up skills.
- Ability to handle a high volume of work while maintaining accuracy and attention to detail.
- Knowledge of MAC OS, Microsoft office and applications such as Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Must be a self-starter who takes initiative and has a proactive approach to work.
0-2 years related experience.
Working towards a BS in Packaging or Industrial Design and/or Packaging Engineering Degree.
To apply, please visit our website at www.fisher-price.com/us/hr
FISHER-PRICE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
RESPOND HERE! Respond immediately by accessing the following
dedicated online response form which will allow you to cut and paste your
resume. This form will go directly and immediately to the
hiring authority for this position. Access the online response form at: