Warehouse Associate 9/2/2016
Salt Lake City, UT
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY OVERVIEW:
In this 1st Shift Order Fulfillment role, the team member packs and ships beds and other products to customers to meet and exceed customer expectations regarding product quality, accuracy and timeliness of delivery. The role is located at Sleep Number's Salt Lake City, UT manufacturing plant.
* Timely and accurate packing of finished goods per engineering, product and quality standards
* Follow engineering process
* Maintain inventory of components in pack area and notify material handling personnel or team leader of shortages
* Act as material handler and accurately move products from inventory to pack areas with forklift, pallet jack or other equipment
* Scan product into shipping system
* Run and verify quality of internal manifest
* Load product into shipping trailers
* Comply with Codes of Safe Practice
* Perform 5 S activities
* Assist with inventory counts and physical inventory as required
* Assist in training new or existing employees in specific areas of Order Fulfillment
* Previous experience in a warehouse or pick and pack operation preferred
* Previous forklift driving experience preferred
* High school diploma or GED required
* Individuals in this position may be required to earn forklift certification
* Must be able to safely use hand or powered trucks/lifts.
* Must be able to perform all functions of different pack and shipping operations
* Must be able work independently or within a team
* Make recommendations to improve processes and procedures in the department
* Strong organizational and prioritizing skills
* Ability to remain calm under pressure
* Must be able to operate simple hand tools (i.e. utility knife, tape gun, etc)
* Must be able to lift up to 70 lbs on a regular basis and perform repetitive bending and twisting motions
* Must be able to stand 8.0 hours or more per shift
* Must be able to work overtime as required, including weekends
* The work environment includes moving equipment, a moderate noise level and some fluctuations in temperature.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and a drug free workplace (DFW).