Los Angeles, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONTracking Code
* Vernon/Los Angeles
* Distribution Supervisor
Under the direct supervision of the distribution supervisor. Identifies and packages bread according to the route load sheet. May perform other duties as required.
* Identifies bread by size and weight for appropriate packaging.
* Distinguishes special packaging for Customer and packs the orders accordingly.
* Follows instructions from the distribution supervisor(s).
* Reads bulletin board for special announcements and weekly work schedule.
* Verifies packing reports for specific instructions such as, quantities, slicing, etc.
* Distinguishes bags which need UPC labels for store and delivery scanning.
* Packs route according to load report which contains amount of bread for each route generated by order desk.
* Immediately informs supervisor of shortages according to packing reports and bread available.
* Completes Overbake Sheet at the end of each shift.
* Metal Detector Sheets must be filled out legibly for record keeping daily
* Completes Route Load Sheet when bread is packed and gives to driver for verification and signature.
* Places all used aprons and uniforms in laundry bin and cleans work station at the end of each shift.
* Overtime may be assigned as business needs.
* Organize all bags in their respective boxes/bins and place on proper shelves.
* Works to maintain and improve on the quality, legality and safety of each product and the processes used in their manufacture.
* Responsible for keeping assigned work area clean and tidy at all times and reporting any potential contamination and suspicious activity to a Supervisor immediately.
Skills, Experience & Qualifications
Understand and follow written and verbal instructions.
Works cooperatively with others.
Package product with speed and accuracy.
Able to distinguish different types of products by color, size, and name.
Housekeeping / Safety:
Performs housekeeping and maintenance tasks to keep the area clean, organized and safe. These include but are not limited to: (a) wiping and washing equipment, tools and containers, and tables; (b) sweeping, mopping of floors; and (c) trash removal.
The following physical activities are performed on a regular or continuous basis throughout the time an employee is working.
Standing / Walking
These functions require the employee to be standing or walking 100% of the time.
The employee is expected to reach with hands and arms.
Lifting / Carrying / Twisting / Bending / Stooping
The employee is expected to carry, twist, bend, and stoop in conjunction with frequent lifting between 30 and 35 pounds of bread with the aid of co-workers.
Pushing / Pulling
With the aid of co-workers, the employee is expected to frequently push / pull trays on racks from 4 (empty) to 85 pounds (full) approximately 15 to 20 feet.
Handling / Fingering / Feeling
Hand and finger movement is required frequently to pack bread and distinguish bread types.
Exposure to Temperature Changes
Does not apply
Seeing / Speaking / Hearing
This position requires an employee to have adequate communication and observational skills due to the operation of conveyor belt and bread slicer. These requirements are for the safety of the employee and co-workers. These requirements are also necessary for counting activities, collecting and communicating information to staff and communicating information to co-workers for shift preparation.
Head / Neck Movement
Frequent flexing, extending and turning the neck is required.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or GED desired.
The essential job functions of the job for which you are applying are included in this document. Are you able to perform each essential job function listed above in a safe and reasonable manner*
Yes No If not, is there any accommodation which would enable you to perform these functions*
Print Name Date
Los Angeles, California, United States
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color or any other protected class.