This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/17/2016
END DATE 8/17/2017
San Leandro, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONTracking Code
This job description should not be viewed as an all-inclusive list of the responsibilities related to your position. Your position will necessitate performing duties and tasks that are not outlined herein. ARYZTA makes no guarantees as to the nature and scope of the work performed by this position and retains the right to change an employee s position or job description at any time.
Under the supervision of the Packaging Supervisor or Production Supervisor, packs product according to case count and quality specifications.
* Packs production units in cases, according to case pack specifications.
* Ensures product units being packed are to quality and product specifications, including color, weight, height, length, appearance, and core temperature.
* Inserts master case liner, baking instructions, and retail bags, as needed in formed cases.
* Ensures that finished cases have been accurately coded and identified.
* Places finished cases on pallets properly, and labels pallets correctly.
* Records packaging documents accurately and in a timely fashion.
* Prepares box cartons with accurate labels for packaged products, and/or ensures that box labeler is accurately labeling cases.
* Operates various packaging equipment, which may include but is not limited to metal detectors, product counters, case erector/bag inserters, conveyors, box labelers, box tapers, pallet jacks, pallet wrappers, and bag counters.
* Places palletized cases in the holding freezer.
* Alerts Packaging Foreperson, Assistant Packaging Foreperson or Production Supervisor when metal detector is kicking off product units, or when other machinery is not functioning properly.
* Maintains sufficient materials for the Packaging Department, including but not limited to pallets, box cartons, box carton tape, master case inserts, baking instructions, pallet tags, correct retail bags, and correct box labels.
* May assist in collating retail bags according to case counts based on the production schedules.
* Completes duties in accordance with quality assurance, GMPs, safety and other company programs and procedures, and in accordance with government codes and regulations.
* Maintains clean, organized and safe work area, including wiping and washing equipment, tools, containers and dollies; sweeping and mopping floors; and trash removal.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Works to maintain and improve on the quality, legality and safety of each product and the processes used in their manufacture. Responsible for keeping assigned work area clean and tidy at all times and reporting any potential contamination and suspicious activity to a Supervisor immediately.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Oral Communication - Speaks clearly; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions.
Team Work - Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views. Perform work tasks in harmony with peers.
Written Communication - Writes numbers legibly.
Cost Consciousness - Conserves organizational resources.
Ethics - Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; works with integrity and ethically.
Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values.
Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time.
Flexibility - Is able to move from one task to another task with ease.
Dependability - Follows written and oral instructions; responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; completes tasks on time.
Initiative - Asks for and offers help when needed. Able to execute job tasks with minimal supervision.
Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality.
Quantity - Meets productivity standards; completes work in timely manner.
Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
* High School diploma / GED desired or equivalent years of experience in an automated or semi-automated packing environment preferred
* Previous experience in a baking environment preferred
* Forklift Certification preferred
Ability to comprehend basic verbal and written instructions. Ability to distinguish and identify different products by reading labels.
Ability to count to 60. Ability to do simple addition, subtraction, multiplication and division. Ability to write numbers legibly.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
No computer skills are required.
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES:
No certifications or licenses are required. Forklift certification helpful.
HOUSEKEEPING / SAFETY:
Performs housekeeping and maintenance tasks to keep work stations cleaned, organized and safe. These include but are not limited to: a) wiping and washing equipment and tools, b) scraping, mopping of floors, c) trash removal.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to work near moving mechanical parts. The employee is continuously exposed to cold (non-weather) conditions and to rapid changes in temperature, and is occasionally exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather) and extreme heat or cold (non-weather). The employee must be able to tolerate a work environment that contains flour dust. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can get loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is continuously required to stand or walk, and to reach with hands and arms. The employee is continuously required to use hands to finger, handle or feel product, machinery controls or materials. Manual dexterity and utilization of both hands and all fingers is required. The employee is frequently required to twist, bend and stoop, and occasionally to climb or balance. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and lift and/or move more than 50 pounds with the aid of a co-worker. The employee must occasionally push/pull manual or automated pallet jacks and other equipment. With the aid of co-workers, the employee is occasionally expected to push/pull equipment on wheels up to 75 to 200 pounds approximately 75 feet. Frequent flexing, extending and turning of the neck and head are required.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color or any other protected class.