This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/20/2016
END DATE 10/27/2016
Logan Township, NJ
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Tracking Code
The Packing Operator is under the supervision of the Packaging Manager and packs product according to case count and quality specifications.
* Job responsibilities should be in bullet point form with a maximum of 10. Include 85% of position priorities.
* Packs production units in cases, according to case pack specifications.
* Ensures product units being packed are to quality and product specifications, including color, weight, height, length, appearance, and core temperature.
* Inserts master case liner, baking instructions, and retail bags as needed in formed cases.
* Ensures that finished cases have been accurately coded and identified.
* Places finished cases on pallets properly and labels pallets correctly.
* Records packaging documents accurately and in a timely fashion.
* Prepares box cartons with accurate labels for packaged products, and/or ensures that box labeler is accurately labeling cases.
* Operates various packaging equipment, which may include but is not limited to metal detectors, product counters, case erector/bag inserters, conveyors, box labelers, box tapers, pallet jacks, pallet wrappers, and bag counters.
* Places palletized cases in the holding freezer.
* Alerts Packaging Foreman, Packaging Lead or Production Supervisor when metal detector is kicking off product units, or when other machinery is not functioning properly.
* Maintains sufficient materials for the Packaging Department, including but not limited to pallets, box cartons, box carton tape, master case inserts, baking instructions, pallet tags, correct retail bags, and correct box labels.
* May assist in collating retail bags according to case counts based on the production schedules.
* Completes duties in accordance with quality assurance, GMPs (good manufacturing practices), safety and other company programs and procedures, and in accordance with government codes and regulations.
* Maintains clean, organized and safe work area, including wiping and washing equipment, tools, containers and dollies; sweeping and mopping floors; and trash removal.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Works to maintain and improve on the quality, legality and safety of each product and the processes used in their manufacture. Responsible for keeping assigned work area clean and tidy at all times and reporting any potential contamination and suspicious activity to a Supervisor immediately.
* Design - Demonstrates attention to detail.
* Team Work - Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views. Perform work tasks in harmony with peers.
* Cost Consciousness - Conserves organizational resources.
* Ethics - Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; works with integrity and ethically.
* Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values.
* Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time.
* Flexibility - Is able to move from one task to another task with ease.
* Dependability - Follows written and oral instructions; responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; completes tasks on time.
* Initiative - Asks for and offers help when needed. Able to execute job tasks with minimal supervision.
* Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality.
* Quantity - Meets productivity standards; completes work in timely manner.
* Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
Skills, Experience & Qualifications
* High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
* MATH ABILITY - Ability to count to 60. Ability to do simple addition, subtraction, multiplication and division. Ability to write numbers legibly.
* REASONING ABILITY- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
* Years of Experience
* Previous experience in an automated or semi-automated packing environment preferred.
* Language Skills
* Ability to comprehend basic verbal and written instructions. Ability to distinguish and identify different products by reading labels.
* Oral Communication - Speaks clearly; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions.
* Written Communication - Writes numbers legibly.
* Computer/Software Skills
* No computer skills are required.
* CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES:
* No certifications or licenses are required. Forklift certification helpful.
* Travel requirements
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to work near moving mechanical parts. The employee is continuously exposed to cold (non-weather) conditions and to rapid changes in temperature, and is occasionally exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather) and extreme heat or cold (non-weather). The employee must be able to tolerate a work environment that contains flour dust. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can get loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is continuously required to stand or walk, and to reach with hands and arms. The employee is continuously required to use hands to finger, handle or feel product, machinery controls or materials. Manual dexterity and utilization of both hands and all fingers is required. The employee is frequently required to twist, bend and stoop, and occasionally to climb or balance. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 30 pounds, and lift and/or move up to 50 pounds with the aid of a co-worker. The employee must occasionally push/pull manual or automated pallet jacks and other equipment. With the aid of co-workers, the employee is occasionally expected to push/pull equipment on wheels up to 75 to 200 pounds approximately 75 feet. Frequent flexing, extending and turning of the neck and head are required.
This position requires employee to have adequate communicating and observational skills, including seeing, speaking and hearing, due to the operation of various types of moving equipment used in the bakery. These requirements are for the safety of the employee and co-workers. These requirements are also necessary for collecting and distributing information to subordinates, and communicating with co-workers.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color or any other protected class.