Packline Tech (Utility) 9/10/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY About Us
Welcome to Ardent Mills, a new company dedicated to helping our customers innovate and grow, with the industry s broadest range of traditional and organic flours, whole grains, customized blends and specialty products. Our ingredients are backed by unrivaled technical support, food safety solutions and the supply assurance of a coast-to-coast network of more than 40 community mills and blending facilities, an artisan commercial bakery and a Mobile Innovation Center. We are Ardent Mills, working with you for the good of grain. And we re looking for dynamic people to join our team.
IBR partners with food manufacturers, retail and food service enterprises to bring a variety of complex fresh and frozen baked goods to the consumer market. Using Ardent Mills great ingredients, IBR is able to produce innovative high-inclusion breads made with fillings, swirls, marbling, topping and enrobings. Each loaf is created, with hand-touch care, in a GFSI, organic and Kosher certified operation
The Utility job is a gateway job to a long-term career with Ardent Mills. In it, you ll learn the basics of our business, be responsible for sanitation and cleanliness of the facility, and learn to fill in at one or more work stations in the business.
People who successfully adapt to the work environment, job duties and safety culture of Ardent Mills will be considered for promotion into other roles as they become available in the grain elevator, mill floor, or packing lines.
Training is primarily done during the 1st (day) shift, but new employees must be willing and able to work ALL shifts and be available for occasional overtime and/or weekend work.
This work requires physical exertion, the ability to learn and follow work instructions, a good safety sense, the willingness to do whatever it takes to deliver, and a strong sense of personal accountability for all of these areas.
* General labor operating all packline and mixing equipment through all packline positions.
* Operates forklift to transfer complete mixes to mixer and packline hopper.
* Must be mindful at all times of personal safety and the safety of those working in the same area and adhere to all safety rules at all time.
* Complete accurate and detailed packing and mixing paperwork, and permits.
* Responsible for cleanup, including sweeping, shoveling, blowing and miscellaneous job related duties.
* Work will be done primarily in a plant atmosphere, specifically a mix facility.
* Ability to lift 50 lbs. of product continuously. Climb stairs and ladders on a continuous basis.
* Able to perform physical labor and to work all day on feet in a warm environment.
* Able to work efficiently while being cautious and careful not to create hazards which could endanger self or others.
* Good work ethic with high personal standards for cleanliness.
* Alert and willing to learn a wide variety of tasks.
Skills & Experience
* High School Diploma or GED.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills.
* Possess curiosity and always look for ways to improve procedures.
* Must be able to work in various conditions and different heights.
* Must be able to read, follow and retain detailed instructions for numerous different tasks and maintain records according to instructions.
* Experience operating a forklift.
* Basic computer skills.
* Moderate level of mechanical skills.
* Ability to be forklift certified.
Ardent Mills is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
The preceding position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this position. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees in this position. The description, duties, functions, and responsibilities are subject to change at the discretion of Ardent Mills.