This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 10/15/2016
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB SUMMARY: The Painter is responsible for all general painting and decorating of the Medical Center facilities. This position carries out scheduled painting tasks and repairs as part of a coordinated program.
* Uses hand and power tools, building materials, including paint and chemical associated with the position. Prepares surfaces for refinishing, such as patching, sanding, scraping and priming. Selects appropriate materials for painting different materials. Paints using brushes, rollers, spraying equipment as directed.
* Identifies problems and estimates requirements and materials for repairs and refinishing. Refers to accepted practices, applicable regulations, state codes, and has the ability to make competent analytical judgments regarding work and safety.
* Remaining time will also be spent on other building maintenance and repairs as well as on duties to meet department needs.
* Maintenance employees are required to respond to emergencies such as floods, power outages, etc. during off shift hours if asked to do so by the department supervisors. Snow removal is also the responsibility of the Maintenance Department and all Maintenance employees are required to participate in the snow removal process.
* High School diploma or GED required.
* 3-5 years related work experience required.
* Basic familiarity with computers. Ability to navigate at a basic level within web-based applications.
* WRITTEN COMMUNICATIONS: Ability to read, and write in English in order to understand basic safety instructions and take direction from supervisors; communicate effectively with patients, families and other medical center staff; and respond to basic questions.
* ORAL COMMUNICATIONS: Ability to understand spoken English in order to follow basic safety instructions and take direction from supervisors; communicate effectively in basic English with patients, families and medical center staff in response to routine questions.
* KNOWLEDGE: Ability to demonstrate basic knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices and procedures with the ability to use them in routine situations. Specialized knowledge not required.
* TEAM WORK: Ability to interact respectfully with other employees, professional staff and/or external contacts to offer ideas, identify issues, obtain information or deliver services.
* CUSTOMER SERVICE: Ability to demonstrate a positive attitude and respond to requests in a timely and respectful manner.
PHYSICAL NATURE OF THE JOB:
Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force frequently to move objects. Some elements of the job are sedentary, but the employee will be required to stand for periods of time or move through out the hospital campus
The shift for this position is 6:55am - 3:25pm Monday - Friday.
Maintenance employees are required to respond to emergencies such as floods, power outages, etc. during off shift hours if asked to do so by department supervisors.
Snow removal is also the responsibility of the Maintenance Operations Department and all Maintenance employees are required to participate in the snow removal process.
BIDMC is EOE M/F/VET/DISABILITY/GENDER IDENTITY/SEXUAL ORIENTATION
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the linked poster:http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf