This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 10/15/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Koontz-Wagner
Painter Helper - Day Shift
Summary: This position is responsible for preparing, cleaning, and touch up of sheet metal buildings and steel assemblies.
* Operate auxiliary tools or equipment used in sanding or painting processes.
* Use Calking Guns to seal all seems to ensure that buildings are weatherproof.
* Determine paint flow, viscosity, and coating quality by performing visual inspections when mixing.
* Measure chemicals, coatings, or paints before mixing them together in a two part paint system.
* Select appropriate coatings, paints, or sprays, or prepare them by mixing substances according to formulas, using automated paint mixing equipment.
* Manipulate valves, or switches to regulate air pressure and circulation, and the flow or spray of coatings or paints.
* Clean and maintain work area to provide a safe and organized work environment.
* Maintain production schedules and manage time to complete tasks while striving for zero defects.
* Complete all in-process documentation.
* Inspect product to verify that it meets coverage requirements using a mill measuring device.
* Work in teams to troubleshoot manufacturing problems and perform quality assurance checks.
* Sand and roll paint for re-work items.
* Knowledge of machines and tools, including their uses, repair, and maintenance.
* Ability to read, understand and interpret work orders, shop orders, quality plans and work instructions to complete tasks.
* Mathematical skills such as adding, subtracting, multiplying, dividing and fractions.
* Experience working with paint equipment.
* Ability to effectively interact and communicate with individuals at all organizational levels.
* Ability to conduct self in a respectful and appropriate manner.
* Ability to safely perform tasks and produce a quality product in an efficient and productive manner to meet schedule.
* Ability to reason and apply principles of logic to a wide range of factors when monitoring and working on jobs.
* Being reliable, responsible and dependable
* Being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
* Ability to work independently without constant supervision.
* Ability to work in a heavy manufacturing environment requiring awkward stances and positions such as bending, stooping, crouching, twisting, and reaching for periods of time throughout a 10 hour day.
* Ability to stand and walk for majority of 10 hour day, bend, lift and carry paint gun and pull paint hose. Pick up and carry paint containers up to 50 pounds frequently.
* Ability to work from ladders and scaffolding up to 20 feet high
* Ability to work on a roof with a inch slope per foot
* Ability to work in all weather extremes for an extended period of time.
Education, Training & Certification: High school graduate or GED
Experience: Some painting and paint preparation experience required.
This job description is a general description of essential job functions. It is not intended to describe all duties someone in this position may perform. All employees of Global Power and subsidiaries are expected to perform tasks as assigned by supervisory/management personnel, regardless of job title or routine job duties.