Paper Machine Supervisor
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/28/2016
END DATE 10/21/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe Paper Machine Supervisor provides supervision and direction to 11 - 15 employees as well as planning and controlling production performance as measured by key performance indicators. In addition they ensure compliance to established safety rules/policies, customer quality and production specifications. Actively leads and participates in the plant safety, housekeeping, and continuous improvement efforts. Works with employees to develop the necessary skills to perform job tasks as outlined in the work instructions.
JOB FUNCTIONS: Job functions include, but are not limited to the following:
* Directs the day-to-day activities of the shift.
* Responsible for the resolution of shift issues.
* Ensures all schedules and releases are met.
* Provides daily communications to the shift
* Responsible for performance counseling of individuals for unacceptable performance relating to safety, quality, productivity, and/or inappropriate behavior to include disciplinary action if required.
* Prepares and distributes shift report.
* Performs daily audits to ensure that safety, housekeeping, basic care rounds, and established job standards are followed.
* Uses audit findings and reviews countermeasure sheets to upgrade standard work or install new systems to prevent problems from reoccurring.
* Serves as a liaison to communicate identified problems to support team as well as problem status feedback to the crews.
* Supports mill and department goals in safety, environmental compliance, quality, cost, productivity and continuous improvement.
* Accountable for overall shift performance in accordance to established key performance indicators (KPI's) to include: safety, environment, housekeeping, quality, cull and production efficiency. Takes necessary actions to ensure goals are achieved in a team environment by leading or promoting problem solving and development of countermeasures with or by crew members.
* Completes all shift accident investigations within 24 hour period. Ensures corrective action is taken to address issue.
* Manages individual job assignments and crew member training plans with assistance from other departmental personnel.
* Other duties as assigned.
* General schedule is 8 hour rotating shifts (southern swing)
* Employee must be willing to work alternate schedules that may include early mornings, nights, and/or weekends and be punctual while doing so
* Occasional overnight travel
* Sitting or standing for extended periods of time
* Awkward movements while working on equipment
* Lifting up to 50 lbs
* Reading computer screen or other electronic devices
* Use of various hand and electrical tools and equipment
Graphic Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications for the job in question. We do not base our employment decision on an employee's or applicant's race, color, religion, age, gender or sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic identity, genetic information, disability, veteran/military status or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.