This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 10/26/2016
The Claim Coordination Paralegal position requires expertise to support the CHRISTUS Legal Claims Department, System Director of Litigation and related functions in relation to claims managed for all CHRISTUS Health regions and CHRISTUS Physician Group. The position encompasses a variety of duties related to claims management and support attorneys, paralegals and regional claims managers in coordination of claims related meetings, data management and input as well as some legal research. The Claims Coordination Paralegal position requires the ability to work with knowledge of legal-related work related to litigation, courts and filing practices and to assist in interaction with outside lawfirms, lawyers and accounting personnel. The position also requires drafting communications to System Participant contacts and outside attorneys. This position works in conjunction with and under the supervision of the System Director for Litigation, the Senior Paralegal for Litigation and the Regional Claims managers. This role must be able to work collaboratively and cooperatively with other members of the Legal Services team associates to achieve results.
- Monitor, review, track and assign CSC database for Service of Process of various service items including working with team to assign claims to outside counsel and tracking of same in database for all entities.
- Monitor and manage Litigation Holds; Notices and Releases of Same
- Monitor and post reports and other communications with outside counsel
- Manage heavy Litigation Calendar and timely calendar all mediations, trials, and arbitrations
- Review Settlement Agreements and Confidentiality Agreements; ensure proper receipt and execution of settlement documents and distribution of settlement payments
- Create and prepare Litigation Reports and Data relating to Attorney Asserts, Injured Asserts, Suit Asserts; Mediations; Trials
- Collaborate with Regional Claims Manager and Risk Manager in management of claims and outside counsel
- Collaborate with Regional Claims Manager and Practice Manager in management of CPG Claims
- Monitor and manage subpoenas and request for records
- Draft correspondence to outside counsel related to request for reports, budgets or other requested items.
- Conduct legal document research, retrieving information, and investigative skills and write historical data on various projects
- Assist on various projects, such as subpoenas and discovery related projects including legal holds.
- Assist in drafting and maintaining the departmental manual, attorney guidelines and billing requirements.
- Build positive relationships within team, with entity contacts, senior leaders, directors, and office work team as necessary to perform duties and to achieve results
- POSITION QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's Degree desired.
- Three to Five or more years' experience in litigation related work and exposure to legal settings.
- Excellent organization, writing and interpersonal skills, with the ability to take detailed notes and write an accurate, concise, and to-the-point minutes to account of what happened at meetings
- Organizational skills with the ability to handle priority projects simultaneously within tight deadlines and is proactive in preventing problems, good follow through on projects/issues, and an attention to detail.
- Ability to handle confidential information in a mature, professional, and completely confidential manner.
- Proficiency in Word, database management, and Excel
C. Licenses, Registrations, or Certifications:
- Paralegal Certificate from an accredited paralegal program or equivalent corporate paralegal experience.